Poll

Which looks better..... Golf R  (standard) or Golf GTI  (standard)

Golf R
27 (37%)
Golf GTI
46 (63%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Which looks better..... Golf R or Golf GTI.  (Read 9033 times)

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
Re: Which looks better..... Golf R or Golf GTI.
« Reply #20 on: 17 January 2010, 09:46 »
The cloth interior on the R is sh1t,  I like the recaros but not at the price!! so it would have to be leather and VW leather is pretty poor!

I prefer the back split exhausts on the GTI but like the leds on the R, could mod them on to my GTI at some point then I'd be a very happy bunny

"calm down dear" it's just a question  :lipsrsealed:

I don't get it! am I not allowed to give an opinion? It was hardly a hysterical rant just what I like and don't about the R.  Which is what was asked.  So p1ss off and go burn some testosterone.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 17 January 2010, 10:07 »
front of the gti
back and interior of the R

:cool:

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 17 January 2010, 10:18 »

When I see the pair of them side by side like this, I think the R front it much better.  I like the LEDs, and the way they have a bit of blue between the black bits.  The GTI one just looks too plain.  I do like the GTI grill, but then I think the R one looks good too.  I understand what people say about it looking like a GT grill - but hey ho!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #23 on: 18 January 2010, 09:57 »
I didn't realise you could get the GTI in rising blue? If so why has no one get it, its an awesome colour !

I am of course assuming that is RB that the GTI is in.

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 18 January 2010, 10:04 »

GTI
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline SilverChariot

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 18 January 2010, 10:07 »
I didn't realise you could get the GTI in rising blue? If so why has no one get it, its an awesome colour !

Rising Blue Metallic is not available on the GTI in the UK, only Germany. I think it looks wrong anyway - blue bodywork and red detailing not right IMHO.
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

R Forum - The place to talk Rs: http://www.rforum.co.uk

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #26 on: 18 January 2010, 10:08 »
Being a massive Palace fan im quite partial to a bit of red and blue, I think it looks nice :cool:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #27 on: 18 January 2010, 13:34 »
Unfortunately the R is fugly. Only R I think looks nice is p3eps in his sig.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Booski

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 18 January 2010, 14:26 »
The cloth interior on the R is sh1t,  I like the recaros but not at the price!! so it would have to be leather and VW leather is pretty poor!

I prefer the back split exhausts on the GTI but like the leds on the R, could mod them on to my GTI at some point then I'd be a very happy bunny

"calm down dear" it's just a question  :lipsrsealed:

I don't get it! am I not allowed to give an opinion? It was hardly a hysterical rant just what I like and don't about the R.  Which is what was asked.  So p1ss off and go burn some testosterone.

no you're correct you don't rant  lol
another of your recent posts:
Who's p1ssed off? Not me I love my GTI it's everything and more than I wanted in a car and yes it is better looking than the overpriced and overrated 'R'.
Golf R (on order): 5dr, rising blue, 19", sat-nav, ACC, parking sensors, Bluetooth tel prep, cruise control, Lux pack, storage pack, rear airbag/seatbelt sensors..........BW07 confirmed Can't wait!

Offline herbie911

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 18 January 2010, 15:03 »
Both cars are not perfect in the looks department.  :rolleyes:
A black Golf with Golf R front bumpers (I like LEDS light) Golf GTi grille and split exhaust, bbs alloys will look spot-on for me!! :drool: