7 (26.9%)
White GTi club (AKA KKK club)
1 (3.8%)
Carbon Grey GTi club
8 (30.8%)
Other GTi club
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Which Club Would you Join?  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
Which Club Would you Join?
« on: 08 November 2009, 20:17 »
Jut for a bit of fun, I thought I would start this poll. Plus I am looking forward to some of the comments.  :evil:
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
Re: Which Club Would you Join?
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2009, 20:20 »
I refuse join a club that would have me as a member

Good old Groucho
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2009, 20:20 »
You may as well just post up a poll  "What colour GTI have you got?"

By the way, isn't reflex silver worthy of it's own category? :cry:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2009, 20:25 »
You may as well just post up a poll  "What colour GTI have you got?"

By the way, isn't reflex silver worthy of it's own category? :cry:

No that would be to easy! Reflex Silver, as it's one of the out of fashion colours, comes into the "other's" category. :laugh:
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline JellyCat

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2009, 20:38 »
lol

Offline GotTurboInside

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 08 November 2009, 20:44 »
Well, just my opinion, I think this would just create more "sub groups", resulting in more future problems and conflict. I guess it should be more like "which colour you prefer"!

We're from one main club/group. That is Golf Gti Forum. Thus I believe we should be One.

Because of this very same reason, I tend to have conflicts with my current ride club.
They started to "divide" themselves up into various different groups. Like, "West Side Warriors", "Northern Knights", "East Street" and so on.
This kind of created a division within our own club. They even split up into manufacturer concepts. Like Spoon, J's Racing, Mugen and so on. All of which, I'm in none of them.

Then there would be issues like, "oh you know, your guy from the east came to create trouble with my guy" or something like that.
But in the end, we're from one parent group. And also, when we have our weekly meetup, the different sub groups will meet up on their own 1st then come down to the location. Some people from this group won't talk to another group bla bla bla. It became more of a gang thing.

Some would be jealous of another group or a person in particular and spread bad rumours about it.
So as of late, I've detached myself from them.

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #6 on: 08 November 2009, 20:57 »
Some would be jealous of another group or a person in particular and spread bad rumours about it.

I’m sorry if you are taking this the wrong way, but this poll is a bit of, what is called light hearted, (British) humour.

From what I have gathered, most owners on here are happy with their colour choices and wouldn’t change them.

This is not designed to create sub groups where the Cribs or the Tongs attack other GTi owners who haven’t picked the right colour.

So please lighten up…. :smiley:

Offline GotTurboInside

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 08 November 2009, 21:17 »

I’m sorry if you are taking this the wrong way, but this poll is a bit of, what is called light hearted, (British) humour.

From what I have gathered, most owners on here are happy with their colour choices and wouldn’t change them.

This is not designed to create sub groups where the Cribs or the Tongs attack other GTi owners who haven’t picked the right colour.

So please lighten up…. :smiley:

I think you may have misunderstood my post!  :shocked:  :smiley:
I know exactly what's going on. Maybe it sounded otherwise.
I was just stating my thoughts/opinion! lol.  :laugh:
Because misunderstandings like that, do happen here at my place. (I know it sounds stupid, I think so too!)

As in, they have their own, maybe manufacturer concept "group", in all honesty to share stuff and knowledge, but then there's some dumb fu€k who'll misinterpret this group and start something else.

I know it doesn't happen here at all nor does anyone here have such thinking so all's good! That's the reason why I switched from a Jap car to a Euro one and came to this forum instead cos everyone here is friendly and civilized.

At my place here, almost 80% of jap car owners have more ego than maturity!  :sick:  :sad:

I like this forum cos it feels more of a family, a unity of the same interest and passion!  :drool:

Cheers!  :wink:

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 08 November 2009, 21:29 »
Well said Turbo Inside
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #9 on: 08 November 2009, 21:29 »
No probs Turbo inside.  :kiss: