Author Topic: Which bits would you nick from the R for your GTI?  (Read 7842 times)

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
Re: Which bits would you nick from the R for your GTI?
« Reply #20 on: 28 September 2009, 12:49 »
Bloody hell, my GTI is only 6 weeks old and they've brought out a facelift (or should that be ar$elift?) already :angry:

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 28 September 2009, 12:59 »

Again could be my eye sight but does that GTD also have rear LED lamps?

I'm thinking it must be a MY2010 update on GTi and GTD models, they don't look as dark as the R lamps though.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Tailpipe

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 28 September 2009, 14:44 »
Re: LED rear lights on 2010 Golf GTI.

Well spotted! Now all they need to do is add Rising Blue as a colour option and 19" alloys, and we'll all be happy!!!!

I wonder if rear LED's will be an additional part of xenon light visibility package or a separate optional light package designed to extract more cash from us?

Is it me, or are the existing GTI alloys way too BLING and generally unattractive? I'd love to see other alloy options. I agree that the Scirocco alloys are nicer. Just a set of simple five arm, double spoke wheels, al-la-R8, would suit the Golf very nicely.

Golf R - almost on order - 5-door, DSG, Rising Blue, leather, 19" alloys, RNS510 with Dynaudio, ACC, Sunroof, Parking camera and sensors, luxury pack and cruise control.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #23 on: 28 September 2009, 17:51 »

Is this part of the MY2010 changes then?

Dave
Just my luck  :rolleyes:

I noticed on that video @ 6:16 that the silver GTI also has keyless ignition too!

Typical  :angry:
« Last Edit: 28 September 2009, 18:00 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 28 September 2009, 19:05 »
Keyless is deffo on the MY2010 changes, so this looks good news. Well for those that havn't yet recieved delivery.

Got to admit its the the little things like these that are swaying me to get a new mk6 GTi sooner, and not bother about the R.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #25 on: 29 September 2009, 07:26 »
A couple of things:

1. if the LED rear lights & keyless start become available, it will normally be on cars manufactured on or after May 1, 2010, as this is when VW normally implements all the tweaks for the coming model year. Officially, they will be 2011 models (my GTI is officially a 2010 model).

2. Rising Blue paint. Don't you think we all like it precisely because we can't have it? I drove past a Rising Blue Scirocco this morning and TBH, away from motor show spotlights and studio lighting, it's not that nice looking.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 29 September 2009, 10:40 »
I was hugely disappointed by the colour options on the GTi.  The Blue Graphite is OK, but it's really too dark for my taste.  In the sticky thread about the German colour options (the 2020 Euro paint jobs), it was lighter metallic blues I was mainly looking at.  I'm not sure if Rising Blue was one of the ones I checked in the end, but I really think VW gave us a very poor choice and if Rising Blue had been added to the GTi options I'd probably have gone for it.

Rolfe.

ETA:  I see no sign of Rising Blue on that list.  The one I think I'd have gone for, subject to seeing actual samples, was Ravenna Blue.
« Last Edit: 29 September 2009, 10:43 by Rolfe »

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 29 September 2009, 22:31 »
Is it just me, or does putting the LED tail lights on the GTI kind of spoil the R - after all the press releases saying it has exclusive LED tail lights!

I agree... rising blue looks great in the motor shows, but I'm not so keen on it in real life.  As both the Roc R and Golf R are being marketed in rising blue, I won't be picking it - as its the colour everyone will pick... just like most R32's were DBP.
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.