Author Topic: Which options to opt for???  (Read 29875 times)

Offline DWGTI

• Not said much yet
  • 1996 GTI 16V
Re: Which options to opt for???
« Reply #200 on: 17 October 2009, 20:01 »

s3 is old, changing model soon (u wont feel special), bmw is aging, reface soon, golf new, not many gti's on road.  its new, its fresh, , next to the mark 5 looks fresher, moderner.  s3 feels old thats because it is.  gti holds it value very well, very very well. but colour is next factor, white is nice but not good when you sell, best colours(i never go any other even if i want to ) is black, silver, nothing else and must be metallic.  leather is good but mine is work car so i didn't bother.  18 inch monza shadows is a must if you're getting a gti.  white isnt good.  if you check any brand ie audi, vw..... and look second hand, not many of these blacks, silvers as they're more deireable and hold value more. also bright colours attract more bird crap especially red- fact!!

the manual gearbox is very good.  the stereo as standard is the worst- only 8 speakers, my previous golf tdi had 10 speakers.

I meant to say its thcoupe, new shape. No reface due soon dude. I think its more tempting than the GTI now.
[/quote]

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #201 on: 17 October 2009, 23:06 »
WTF
Is this Blue Peter?
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #202 on: 17 October 2009, 23:10 »
Well, whatever it is, its your car now... so I am not sure why we owners are still b!tching about our ride. Its like having a child. Everybody looks at him/her differently but nevertheless you will love him/her all your life. Of course, if there are issues with it (car) we can attempt to rectify it but in the end, we have to accept it. I think the effort and heartache is not worth it sometimes. What I find amazing is that some members of this forum tend to comment and to impose their preference over others... and are unable to accept other opinions...  :rolleyes: hmmmm... what happened to tolerance, understanding and respect?
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline JellyCat

• Here all the time
« Reply #203 on: 08 November 2009, 10:44 »
If you're expecting to drive even a little on some motorways \ dullish A roads then I totally 100% recomend cruise control.
I spec'd it on my current GTI and it' was first choice on my opts list.

Well well well worth the £200 odd pounds.
Next for me was the RCD510 as the standard unit looks pants and old. On test drive car the RCD510 was seriously cool looking, plus also pull up air con flow in the display, very funky. I did notice you've spec'd the Dynapack or what ever it's called but to whoever else is reading this for pointers, get down to a dealer and check out the standard vs RCD510, if you can't afford the Dynapack, just opt for the RCD510 without the speaker upgrades.

Also see you spec'd up the 18" Monza's. For me again I checked out a care with and without (totally agree that they are a must, can see 2nd hand cars with the 18" Monza's selling better too, it's also telling that most promotional shots from VW have the 18" Monzas installed). Again if anyone's unsure, get down to your dealer and check out a car with and without to see the diffrerence.

Interestingly I've got a Mk5 GTI in black with 17" wheels and at the dealers parked next to a Mk6 GTI 18" monza's also in black. Originally I wasn't going to spec them. When I saw the 2 cars next to each other, could then see the coolness 18" add to the car, plus make it that little more different to the Mk5. It's amazing what a little black paint on the wheels can do!