Author Topic: Which options to opt for???  (Read 29873 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Which options to opt for???
« Reply #20 on: 21 September 2009, 15:28 »
DSG, 5 doors.

Anything else is a waste of money that can be spent on the Mk7.

:grin: :grin:  he wants a well specced car now not in 4 years time!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 21 September 2009, 15:34 »
- Upgrade the radio to the RCD510 minimum because the standard one looks out of place, especially at night.
- Go for the Monza shadows because 17's just don't look big enough on the Mk6 due to the deeper flat face on the arch compared to the Mk5 (if that makes sense).
- Xenons, if you can afford them - halogen headlights are sooo 20th century.
- Metallic paint, because white and red will go out of fashion again in about 18 months.
- Lots of girls buy second hand GTI's, so if you want them to be interested come re-sale time, fit parking sensors or the camera. Actually, forget the camera - they have enough trouble knowing where to look when going backwards as it is... (sorry, couldn't resist)

I've not heard Dynaudio so can't comment, but I intend to have it on mine, together with the Lux pack (can't live without the puddle lights), winter pack (which should really be cheaper if you have xenons fitted but isn't) a sunroof, parking camera, ACC and auto hold (had it on my passat and it came in handy). Unless I buy the R, in which case I'll just have the car and 19's, RCD510 and paint, as it's going to be too expensive.
Golf R

Offline Hairy Porter

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 21 September 2009, 15:36 »
DSG, 5 doors.

Anything else is a waste of money that can be spent on the Mk7.

:grin: :grin:  he wants a well specced car now not in 4 years time!

Mk7 is to be shown in 2 years.  The Mk5+reskin Mk6 will have had a 7 year life by then, and the hybrids will be coming thick and fast from the other makers.

Offline DWGTI

• Not said much yet
  • 1996 GTI 16V
« Reply #23 on: 21 September 2009, 15:40 »
Thanks again! Just had my mate round and he agrees with the Dynaudio and Winter pack so Im sold on them for sure.  Acc? Cant decide? Parking sensors etc I cant see the point I know how to park. Folding mirrors would be handy for the garage, anyone have them? Worth it?

Well just to Clarify this is how the options look

18" Monzas
Xenons
Winter Pack
Dynaudio

so far....DSG???

Offline Mighty_G

• Not said much yet
  • Tornado Red MK6 3 Door, 18 inch rims, AAC, RCD510
« Reply #24 on: 21 September 2009, 15:42 »
don't think what any of us says about DSG will help you decide as they are all personal opinions, its one of those things you just need to try for yourself to see if you like it

:smiley:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 21 September 2009, 15:52 »
for £750 i don't think the ACC is worth it - so i didn't get it.  the folding mirrors are cool and worth it imo.

so if the mk7 is out in 2 years time hairy he still has to wait....2 years!  pointless!  get a mk 7 when it comes out!  get a mk 6 now and enjoy your specced out car!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Hairy Porter

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 21 September 2009, 15:54 »
There's no enjoyment to be had from xenons, unless you like to blinded by every car you pass (talking country here, I suppose xenons have some other merits for city dwellers).

Offline DWGTI

• Not said much yet
  • 1996 GTI 16V
« Reply #27 on: 21 September 2009, 15:57 »
There's no enjoyment to be had from xenons, unless you like to blinded by every car you pass (talking country here, I suppose xenons have some other merits for city dwellers).

I stay in the middle of no mans land and need bright lights, my mates got xenons on his wrx sti and i love driving it at night as its so clear. Dont like the yellow look of the standard light. Just my opinion.

Offline DWGTI

• Not said much yet
  • 1996 GTI 16V
« Reply #28 on: 21 September 2009, 15:59 »
don't think what any of us says about DSG will help you decide as they are all personal opinions, its one of those things you just need to try for yourself to see if you like it

:smiley:

Yeah your right need a test drive arranged for a DSG Gti this time. Cheers

shrocco

« Reply #29 on: 21 September 2009, 16:01 »
rear-end happy Beemer(not good in scottish winters)

poooossaaay. you just have to drive with your head and not your arse.

at least you can park without sensors though. could be the first mk6 on this forum fitted without parking aids?
« Last Edit: 21 September 2009, 16:03 by shrocco »