Author Topic: Which options to opt for???  (Read 29874 times)

Offline Radek

• GTI forum regular
  • Good things come to those who wait
Re: Which options to opt for???
« Reply #10 on: 21 September 2009, 13:14 »
  Oh is Dynaudio worth it?
Abso-flicking-lutely!!!

Especially if you have rattles :) Helps you stay sane.
Golf GTI VI DSG - died on the road, resurrected, came back as zombi, sold
R - rising blue, 5-door, DSG, ACC, something something...

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #11 on: 21 September 2009, 13:15 »
Cheers lads for the quick reply, only turned my back for a few seconds! The ACC sounds good, leather i cant see how its worth the £ as I love the tartan!  :smiley: . Ive read the brochure over and over so now looking for your opions "missiles and all"  :grin:.  Keep them coming.  Oh is Dynaudio worth it?

I liked the tartan too, but the leather makes it look much more classy/special.

The dynaudio was a blind buy for me buddy, I thought that like the Audi's I could get the Bose upgrade as I heard it and loved it, but it wasnt to be on the GTI's. Instead we have the dynaudio and since investigating it, its meant to be better than the Bose system anyway so I went for it.

Few guys on here have it and they say its great.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 21 September 2009, 13:24 »
leather - a must!

dynaudio - a must, must have - its quality!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #13 on: 21 September 2009, 13:42 »
As you are living in Scotland where winter can be pretty harsh, I would definitely add the winter pack..Just imagine those lovely heated seats on a cold day.  And yes the dynaudio is brilliant definitely worth the money, don't bother with leather, the tartan is so much nicer!!  I like the hole in the roof, it is a natty little device all done automatically.  Defo go for the xenons they add class in buckets apart from that well, that's up to you...............enjoy :laugh:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 21 September 2009, 13:44 »
Well I was just talking to some joker who told me that he had placed an order for a new GTI and had specced it with 400bhp and the Bang & Olufsen stereo upgrade out of the Audi S8!!! I didn't let on that I had a GTI and just kept saying "really, wow thats great".

So if you can get them I think the factory "Remap" to 400bhp and Bang & Olufsen upgrade are certainly the options to go for.

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2009, 13:49 »
As Kev says its down to personal choice. We picked our options for the following reasons which might help you decide. I am using we, as her who must be obeyed had the last say.

Sunroof: To allow more light into the cabin. Also on hot sunny days helps to keep the car slightly cooler when parked up.

Cloth: As we like the tartan. We would have went for leather if there was another choice apart from black. Be aware leather can be roasty roasty in summer and coldy coldy in winter.

Lux pack: For the folding mirrors.

Winter pack: In Scotland it's a must have. More for the heated washers and heated seats.

RCD510 with dynaudio. Liked the touchscreen and required it for the rear view camera. It has been reported in here that the standard RCD510 has good sound quality but the dynaudio is excellent.

Sat Nav. Didn't bother, would rarely use it. Can read a map.

Phone prep: Didn't bother again would rarely use it. Nobody phones me anyway.

Park Assist: Cool, look no hands.

Parking sensors and rear view camera: Sensors for the obvious reasons, camera for spotting the neighbours cat, (I'll get it sooner than later...sh!t in my garden will you) :evil:

Alloys: Personal choice again, I don't like the Monza shadows so went for standard.

DSG: Again for personal reasons. But I would recommend test driving both DSG and manual and make your own mind up.

Paint: Tornado Red. Classic colour, used to have a red Audi and we really liked the car in that colour. 2nd choice was a tie between white and graphite blue. I would say look at the cars in the flesh before picking a colour.

Flat Tyre Thingy. £35 pound why not.

Hope this helps, If you let me know what area you are in I can give you an idea of what dealers have as demonstrators.

edit:- 5 doors for practicallity have 2 sons both 6ft+, The 3 door does look good though.
« Last Edit: 21 September 2009, 13:58 by Gazdebaz »
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline gabrialboy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2009, 13:52 »
In the same boat as you bud... trying to put my order together... imo xenons a must have! White's a great colour for the GTI... sunroof adds some natural light to the "somber cabin" and the rest you have down to a tee. If we had a choice in SA I'd prefer the cloth seats to the leather but we have no choice here...(also no 3 door option)
I've decided to go for the DSG... owned a manual 5 Gti and after driving the DSG I thought geez this box is smooth... but I know a lot of the "purists" prefer the manual box... guess that one is up to what you'd like to get out of your drive...
On the sound I've only opted for the RCD510 upgrade not the Dynaudio as the std speakers are pretty good. But then if you can afford to splash out for crisper sound then from what I've heard the D Audio is pretty impressive...
Enjoy!
Current Ride: 2011 UG Golf VI Gti DSG
Past Rides:
2011 Honda Civic Type R Championship White
2005 Renault Sport Megane 225
2006 UG Golf 5 GTI
2007 R56 MINI Cooper S- Dark Silver
2008 Ibis White Audi S3

Offline Ady189

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 21 September 2009, 13:57 »
Hi guys, been reading your forum for a month or two now, its fantastic and very imformative.

I drive a MK3 Gti 16v, its going in for scrappage when I can pluck up the courage!  Ive test drove the Gti, S3 and BMW125i.  I honestly prefer the Golf as its an all rounder unlike the bone breaking s3 and rear-end happy Beemer(not good in scottish winters)

Down to business - Im going to buy the gti, It will be Candy white, 3dr, 18" monza's with xenons.  And that's where the options stop as I can't decide? Which do you recommend? The DSG or Manual thing is undecided, iv'e been keeping a close eye on that debate!

Im 22, no kids, live in wet/cold scotland and happy to go all out on the Golf.

Thanks in advance and look forward to the replies...

Definately got for the ACC, I've got it and the confortable mode really is comfortable on the bumpy roads. and the sport just brings alive the GTI when you want to give it some.
Also i'd definately go for the Phone preperation (But not if you have an Iphone!!!!)
Go for the 18's as it sets off the car nicely!
Leather?? personal taste i suppose.
Cruise control?? cheap extra and worth it i recon??
Sat/NAV? excellent system in the GTI - go for the rear camera if you get this as it's a reletively cheap option to add to a great system!
LUX Pack - great for cold winders and parking in tight spaces.  :cool:

Thats everything i have and i love em all!  :cool:
« Last Edit: 21 September 2009, 14:05 by Ady189 »

Offline Mighty_G

• Not said much yet
  • Tornado Red MK6 3 Door, 18 inch rims, AAC, RCD510
« Reply #18 on: 21 September 2009, 15:18 »
definately get the dynaudio, its excellent (and the 510 unit)

18" alloys look really good compared to the 17" standard

DSG is excellent, definately recommend you test drive one with it to see if it floats your boat

cruise control is a must for me with motorway driving

Offline Hairy Porter

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 21 September 2009, 15:27 »
DSG, 5 doors.

Anything else is a waste of money that can be spent on the Mk7.