Poll

Which wheels do you like on the Mk6 GTI?

17 inch standard wheels
5 (12.8%)
18 inch Monza shadows
22 (56.4%)
Other
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Which wheels?  (Read 6412 times)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Re: Which wheels?
« Reply #10 on: 19 September 2009, 21:20 »
At the moment it's looking like the 17" wheels are the 'special ones' while the 18" are the 'common ones'. :wink:

Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #11 on: 19 September 2009, 21:26 »
Its as i expected, similar to the mk5 vote many years ago.
Oh and i voted other as i really like the scirocco wheels on the GTI :smug:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #12 on: 19 September 2009, 21:30 »

it'll be interesting to see how many got for the "other" option.

could be a choice in a few years time when the monza shadows are badly corroded.

anyone got any pics of interesting "other" options they can post up?

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline GotTurboInside

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 20 September 2009, 05:38 »
lol! I voted for the "other" option! my reason because i'll swap them for 19" BBS CX-R once I get mine! with KW variant 3 to lower it!

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #14 on: 20 September 2009, 06:58 »
As I said earlier, I voted 17" as keeping the car for a while, but if I do decide to change them, further down the line, it will be for "other". I do like Frogti's wheels. :cool:
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #15 on: 20 September 2009, 08:53 »
Here are some "others" from the Frankfurt Motor Show

« Last Edit: 20 September 2009, 10:09 by Gazdebaz »
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #16 on: 20 September 2009, 08:55 »
Can someone tell me if the images displayed ok. The security and website blocking is quite strict on our works server.

cheers

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 20 September 2009, 09:00 »
Due to the pollished/lac finish to the monza shadows they will suffer in long term use to the dreaded white worm/corrosion issues were the lac lifts and leaves white paches. The painted finish to the 17s are a much longer term solution.

But from past experience on car forums alot of owners are after looks so go for the shadows/monza IIs or simply don't keep there car long enought to worry about it or don't use it as it should be and spend most there time cleaning it and keeping it locked up in a garage lol.

I went in the end for the 17s for a couple of reaaons. 1) I have a set of monza IIs from our mk5 that i can use if i want (put it back on the 17s to save the wheels from out lass!) and i much prefer there classy look of the monza II to the more halfords aftermarket barryboys looking shadows. *all my personal opinion. 2) I also fancy a set of scirocco wheels alot its just the different offset and 0.6" sticking firther out/maybe handling issues that brings it keeping me from them.

Thank God for car warranty ehh...

3 years time + white worm = brand spanking rims  :grin: :grin:.  Considering I change my car every 3 -4 year this wont be an issue for me.

My vote goes for the 18's, no comparison over the 17's.  I do like FroGTI's rims though
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 20 September 2009, 09:12 »
Can someone tell me if the images displayed ok. The security and website blocking is quite strict on our works server.

cheers

No nothing  :sad:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
« Reply #19 on: 20 September 2009, 10:10 »

cheers

No nothing  :sad:

Sorted :smiley: