Author Topic: Stainless Footrests red GTI  (Read 8630 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
Re: Stainless Footrests red GTI
« Reply #30 on: 31 August 2008, 15:24 »
....I don't get it. Who looks into your footwell and why potentially make the footrest slippy and also something else to need to keep clean?

Some of the new Sciroccos have rubber foot pedals.

But some people don't 'get' carbonfibre, so it's each to their own. :shrugs:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 31 August 2008, 16:20 »
What did you use to stick the footrest to the plastic, Phil?
I still haven't attached mine. I'm waiting for my R-style pedals to arrive  :wink:

double sided selotape sticky pads x12

....I don't get it. Who looks into your footwell and why potentially make the footrest slippy and also something else to need to keep clean?

i think stainless steel foot rest plate looks nicer then plastic with dimples on it. As you say ETTO of course.

My footwell is regually regularly hoovered, and treat it as its my living room floor. My pet hate is a dirty footwell.  :angry:

« Last Edit: 31 August 2008, 16:35 by Phil Mcavity »

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 31 August 2008, 16:31 »

i think stainless steel foot rest plate looks nicer then plastic with dimples on it. As you say ETTO of course.

My footwell is regually hoovered, and treat it as its my living room floor. My pet hate is a dirty footwell.  :angry:

....Is that "regally" or "regularly" hoovered? - Answer I'm sure is both :smiley:

You wouldn't like my footwell in Winter - It's what happens when you frequent the countryside. It's why I have the rubber foot matts and not carpet ones. It gets cleaned but it ain't pristine.

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 31 August 2008, 16:33 »

Of all the people in all the world to say this you would be bottom of my list. please refer to your very own project thread. Is that not your engine with a carbon cover, who on earth see's this i bet people see my pedals more than your cover.  :smug: Also in regard's to it being slippy it is only the brake that has rubber non slip, the loud pedal has a plastic insert and finally mr double standard's Robin so what if your foot slips off the rest just put it back on unless your's has special power's and does something more than mine.
And i know your going to tell me that the carbon cover is to carry on the carbon theme well that is the very same reason why this mod exsist's.

Please come back to your sense's as soon as possible.  :smug:  :evil:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :kiss:  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 31 August 2008, 16:37 »
cheers Robin for my spelling error. i had corrected it, must get my oxford english out in future :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 31 August 2008, 16:55 »
....Chill, Top Cat - I was only expressing my honest opinion - Not passing a judgement on you. We are allowed to have differences in our tastes and likes etc :rolleyes:

I have to say that the pic you posted of it matching your Ali cover etc does make it look very good in a photograph :cool:
« Last Edit: 31 August 2008, 16:58 by RedRobin »

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 31 August 2008, 17:05 »
You know me Red i was just causing mischief as usual. All mod's are good in my opinion tasteful or not. Its about our culture. Culture is the one thing that seperate's us from the animal's that sh!t in the wood's our behavior somtimes does not.  :evil:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 31 August 2008, 17:28 »
....No problem, TC - I sometimes forget your mischievous streak!

That's what's so great about the GTI culture - Modding is a big part of it but so is keeping it very stock/oem as Phil is doing.

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 31 August 2008, 17:50 »
Modding is a big part of it but so is keeping it very stock/oem as Phil is doing.

no through choice Robin as you know   :sad: :wink:

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 31 August 2008, 23:24 »
IVe just been reading my bit of a rant again Red and feel i have to apoligize, it was mean't in a light hearted way indeed i was trying to copy your style of retort but i guess it got lost in translation somewhere.  :rolleyes: I did read it through a couple of times and i was smiling  :smiley: to myself when reading. but iv'e just read it back and i feel a little bit bad. Sorry dude.
Most of the time i bite my lip when i dont agree with someone.  :kiss: