Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 323336 times)

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1350 on: 13 July 2013, 17:10 »
Dealer just mailed me back to say my car is showing build week 41, which sounds ok given i ordered last weekend ? 

Guess that is the advantage ordering from a smaller dealer rather than a big one, sounds like i am not last in the allocation..

I'm not trying to piss on your chips, but the estimated build week vw give has a heavy side of guesstimation with it.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline jsybrian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1351 on: 13 July 2013, 17:57 »
Just to say my dealer has only 2 customer orders all end March beginning April  and their own car still build week unconfirmed.On a side note reading Autoexpress today a Vauxhall customer has been waiting since March for a BiTurbo Astra sounds familiar he was told no confirmed build date.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1352 on: 13 July 2013, 19:25 »
The thing with the cameras holding everyone up could be resolved in a matter of days.
Its that small I'm sure they could get a container of 10,000's units in any time.
It was similar with the MK6 only it was RCD510's, DSG & 1.4TSI's that held things up.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Lagerlout

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1353 on: 15 July 2013, 09:50 »
Starting to get a bit edgy with mine now too, still no build week nearly three months after ordering. Very poor isn't it. My dealer tells me it's BW 36 but he seems veeerry nervous...  :wink: :huh:

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1354 on: 15 July 2013, 10:10 »
Starting to get a bit edgy with mine now too, still no build week nearly three months after ordering. Very poor isn't it. My dealer tells me it's BW 36 but he seems veeerry nervous...  :wink: :huh:

Hello 2014
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline Lagerlout

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1355 on: 15 July 2013, 10:20 »
lol, if it goes into October I'm cancelling mine. Not kidding.

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1356 on: 15 July 2013, 10:36 »
I just got a BW confirmed of wk35.  (End of August).

Order end of April, so all in all 5 months lead time.

I shouldn't really be too surprised, but I am a little disappointed.  A "key life moment" happens on 4th September and it would've been good to have the car then to "celebrate".

Oh well. As VW UK customer service rep so eloquently put it, "there's nothing we can do about it".  :angry:
3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline simoor

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1357 on: 15 July 2013, 11:48 »
I placed my order at the end of March (GTI, 3 door, DSG) and my build week was meant to be 27, pushed back to 28, the dealer told me last week that the car is ready to be shipped, but couldn't get the ball rolling on the finance because the car doesn't have a VIN number yet, strange, as I thought this would of been assigned at the start of build?

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1358 on: 15 July 2013, 12:17 »
Simoor,
They will need the reg number also, and that wont really happen until the vehicle is registered.

Usually you can sign the appropriate finance docs, and initial where the reg number and VIN need to be entered. The dealer then enters them once they know them.  You'll need to have faith and trust in them though!

Failing that, wait until they have reg and VIN..

3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline simoor

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1359 on: 16 July 2013, 11:25 »
Thanks domrees.

The dealer has now told me that the car was never ready for shipment, and it is actually still in production :undecided: he is confused as to why the sales team told me this, so I think sales staff are now pushing to keep customers happy. He has also confirmed that the shutdown will delay my delivery, which could end up being a 5 month order to delivery timescale.