Author Topic: Cancelling  (Read 11745 times)

Ricepop

Cancelling
« on: 07 October 2013, 10:05 »
I've had enough.

I have decided that I cant take any more waiting. Its been 25 weeks now and I have just been told that its going to be another 4 weeks until I get the car.

I have found a pristine Mk 5 GTI down the road that I can buy without any finance or hassle.

VW are just taking too long.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Re: Cancelling
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2013, 10:14 »
Really sad to hear that pal.

Is it not worth the extra 4 weeks? After all you've been waiting so long! Or, do you think they're lying to you?

Has the car been built yet? Is it on the production line?

Chin up :smiley:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Ricepop

« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2013, 10:20 »
It built and on the port at Emden.

The problem is that I am bored of the car already and I don't even have it. I am not looking forward to getting it now I just resent the wait. I think that when it turns up I won't be able to see past the months of misery it has given me.

Its going to be close to 7 months by the time it turns up.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2013, 10:32 »
It built and on the port at Emden.

The problem is that I am bored of the car already and I don't even have it. I am not looking forward to getting it now I just resent the wait. I think that when it turns up I won't be able to see past the months of misery it has given me.

Its going to be close to 7 months by the time it turns up.

Hang in there matey! You need to read the new arrivals section for some inspiration.

I feel sure that when you'er driving it that resentment will drain away.

You've come this far, the car's built, stick with it I say.

Don't let VW win  :grin:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2013, 10:34 »
4 weeks to go and you're cancelling? Seriously? Personally, I think you'd feel much differently after you'd had it for a few days. I saw one on the road yesterday and it thought it looked stunning.

Still, a car that's all yours without owing a penny for it has got to be a better financial proposition, even if the Mk5 does feel a little dated these days.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Ricepop

« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2013, 10:39 »
The trouble is that the car represents a bucket load of stress.

I am worried that if it ever turns up I will just resent it.

When I see the pictures of other cars it just riles me up.

Another 4 weeks of waiting will send me insane.

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2013, 10:49 »
Don't cancel... If you do, just think... Someone who's not waited all this time will swan in to the Dealer and just buy your GTD, with all the options you ordered & wanted. No stress, they'll just drive away with it. Can you really cancel after all the waiting? It's just 4 weeks and it's yours. All yours. Hang in there!
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2013, 10:59 »
You won't resent it. Stick in there pal. 4 weeks is nothing to wait

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 07 October 2013, 11:00 »
The car is built and waiting at the port and your going to cancel?!  <-- Wow give that man a shake  :huh:

For all you know it could be on the boat and here within a couple of days. You've done the hard bit why throw your toys out the pram now? Think back to when you ordered the car or when you made your mind up it was the MK7 GTD, bet you were like a kid at Christmas. I'm sure that feeling will come back once you pick it up.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face is never a good idea and if you think it will be teaching VW a lesson, think again. That car will just get sold and probably for a dearer price.

If you want some retribution get on VW's facebook or twitter page once you have the car, they hate that  :smug:

Don't take it out on the car, its sitting all alone waiting on you, its rightful owner  :grin:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #9 on: 07 October 2013, 11:02 »
I'm trying to get hold of my dealer at mo - I'm fed up with waiting too

I fully understand where your coming from Ricepop
Absolute madness waiting this long

Mine is company car - but if it was my own - I would have probably cancelled by now myself

On the other hand - all that stress and waiting for nothing?
Take some deep breaths fella - and have a think before doing anything hasty :)
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery