Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 375940 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2440 on: 30 September 2015, 21:31 »
That looks stunning booth  :cool:
can't wait to see it after you have detailed the hell out of it! I'm sure your going to enjoy it.
I borrowed my friends to pick him up from Heathrow in it, and the controls are all different to the mk6, took some getting used too, and as for that cruise control with automatic braking, that was something that I was not keen on, cars cutting in front of you and the car slamming its brakes on, im sure it's something you get used to.

Thanks Rgdogg.  :smiley:  Detailing will commence shortly, lol.

It is all different to the Mk6 and not just on the inside.  It's a completely different animal, and in a very, very good way.  Addictive is the word.  I've only done a few miles but they were exhilarating, even the 'round town' ones.

The Adaptive Cruise Control?  I confess I deactivated it today (there's a button for that).  Too much else to get used to without the worry of the car suddenly breaking on the motorway.  I'll activate it soon enough but that can wait for now.  But some things take no time at all to get used to.  Already ok with the auto handbrake and I was a die-hard old fashioned handbrake fan.  Still miss the action and that familiar ratchet sound but the e-handbrake is easy to adapt to.  Same with the Stop/Start.  Thought I would hate it but it's ok, though there's a short pause whilst the engine kicks back in which is a pause too long for me, but I think with a quick touch on the pedal you can fool it and stop it kicking in sometimes.  It's a learning curve but quite fun at the same time.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2441 on: 01 October 2015, 08:13 »
Too much else to get used to without the worry of the car suddenly breaking on the motorway. 

Like a circus car fill of clowns?  :laugh:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2442 on: 01 October 2015, 09:06 »
Too much else to get used to without the worry of the car suddenly breaking on the motorway. 

:grin:

Or even braking on the motorway!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline GatsbyIII

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2443 on: 01 October 2015, 14:43 »

:grin:

Or even braking on the motorway!

Hey Booth, you need to change your sig to "Alive and on the drive"  :cool: :whistle: :whistle:
Current: 2015 MK VII GTi Performance/Nav 3Dr Manual | Pearlescent Black | Dynaudio | Sunroof | Parking Pack | Keyless | Rear Privacy Glass 90%

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2444 on: 01 October 2015, 16:56 »
Hey Booth, you need to change your sig to "Alive and on the drive"  :cool: :whistle: :whistle:

Done!  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline GatsbyIII

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2445 on: 01 October 2015, 17:01 »

Done!  :laugh:

Like  :laugh:
Current: 2015 MK VII GTi Performance/Nav 3Dr Manual | Pearlescent Black | Dynaudio | Sunroof | Parking Pack | Keyless | Rear Privacy Glass 90%

Offline na_s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2446 on: 06 October 2015, 15:42 »
MK7 R (I think)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2447 on: 06 October 2015, 22:37 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline na_s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2448 on: 07 October 2015, 12:50 »
MK7 R (I think)

Good choice.

It's a difficult choice when coming from a well specced car initially.

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
« Reply #2449 on: 22 October 2015, 17:28 »
I LOVE the R and hands down was going to be my next car but persoanlly I feel they have over sold them.

In Leeds I see like a Mk 6 GTI every month if that, I feel exclusive but the R I see 2 - 3 a day even on long drives back to Newcastle I'll see 3-4

Everyone has got one, juts takes that feeling away for me and it's putting me off. I put this down to the cheap lease deals that are about...

Not sure what everyones else's thoughts are on this???

The only good news is the second hand market is going to be flooded so residuals will be crap (my opinion), good for the second hand buyer though...
Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house