Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 376226 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2160 on: 23 March 2014, 19:07 »
What can I say, I'm a bloke. I am looking forward to getting a house, but not so much the expense of a wedding!

Weddings don't have to cost anywhere near as much as people generally spend. We had a few people at the church, a nice meal afterwards, then an evening do for everyone else at the village hall, all for just over £2k. That was 14 years ago, so I suspect it would be nearer £3k now, but even so.

you got lucky mate,

Im getting married in September and its nothing flashy, still adds upto 12k....(and i live inYorshire, so no crazy London prices either)
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #2161 on: 23 March 2014, 20:49 »
Ours was just over £10k 7 years ago in a nice hotel with 80 day guests and a further 40 to the eve, then 5 nights in New York for the honeymoon.

We thought that was pretty good going as we had everything we wanted for the day, just took some shopping about with all the extras.

It's the most brilliant day of your life without doubt, would love to have the day again with my wife :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2162 on: 23 March 2014, 22:07 »
Ours was just over £10k 7 years ago in a nice hotel with 80 day guests and a further 40 to the eve, then 5 nights in New York for the honeymoon.

We thought that was pretty good going as we had everything we wanted for the day, just took some shopping about with all the extras.

It's the most brilliant day of your life without doubt, would love to have the day again with my wife :cool:

Mine isnt even including the honeymoon, which is another £4K (2 week cruise around the Caribbean) wouldn't of been able to afford it all if we didnt win the lottery (£2870) couple months back. Plus help from parents.

If it was up to me, all £16k on on a MK6 Golf R  - If she ever read that, she would kill me  :laugh:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Eeef

• GTI forum regular
  • Lord of War
« Reply #2163 on: 25 March 2014, 16:13 »
Never let the women do the planning. Mine ended up costing the thick end of £35k. To top it off, her father took me to one side prior to the big day and said he didn't want to offend me by offering to help out.... which was nice! :undecided:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2164 on: 25 March 2014, 16:48 »
Never let the women do the planning. Mine ended up costing the thick end of £35k. To top it off, her father took me to one side prior to the big day and said he didn't want to offend me by offering to help out.... which was nice! :undecided:

:shocked:  Well I hope it was a bloody good day for £35k!

I (a woman) wouldn't dream of spending that much on a wedding.  I know a few people that borrowed and spent huge amounts on their weddings.  In some caess the loan repayments lasted considerably longer than the marriage.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2165 on: 25 March 2014, 17:53 »
I know a few people that borrowed and spent huge amounts on their weddings.  In some caess the loan repayments lasted considerably longer than the marriage.

A friend of my wife remortgaged a huge amount of money to pay for their wedding. 18 months later it's all over. They had to sell the house to share out the money, or should that be the debt, as the house prices had taken a considerable hit.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2166 on: 25 March 2014, 18:05 »

A friend of my wife remortgaged a huge amount of money to pay for their wedding. 18 months later it's all over. They had to sell the house to share out the money, or should that be the debt, as the house prices had taken a considerable hit.

Yes, it's madness.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline LukeRhino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2167 on: 25 March 2014, 18:22 »

Mine isnt even including the honeymoon, which is another £4K (2 week cruise around the Caribbean) wouldn't of been able to afford it all if we didnt win the lottery (£2870) couple months back. Plus help from parents.

If it was up to me, all £16k on on a MK6 Golf R  - If she ever read that, she would kill me  :laugh:

I like your thinking.. I need a Golf R before i pop the question is the advice you would give then?? :grin:
Mk6 gti, REVO Stage 2, TBE, Filter, Wind Deflectors.

Offline Hobojim

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2168 on: 25 March 2014, 19:01 »
GOLF R ESTATE  :laugh:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2169 on: 04 April 2014, 10:15 »
Well after driving an R8v8 ive made my mind up at long last! (About time) :evil:
This year is cut down to two cars (daily and classic) then save for a secondhand R8v10  :nerd:
« Last Edit: 04 April 2014, 10:19 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.