Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 376223 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2070 on: 16 January 2014, 12:53 »
An old mate of mine had a 911 and lived in a 3 bed detached he wanted an Aston but wouldn't do it because he thought it would look out off place I say go for it only here once  :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2071 on: 16 January 2014, 13:43 »
An old mate of mine had a 911 and lived in a 3 bed detached he wanted an Aston but wouldn't do it because he thought it would look out off place I say go for it only here once  :laugh:

Similarly, my mate lived in a terraced street near one of the univeristies here, which was a regular student route on a Friday/Sat evening.  He always wanted a 911 cabriolet but the thought of cleaning half eaten kebabs off the roof every weekend was enough to put him off.  Bought a hard top TT in the end, kebabs slide nicely off the sloping roof  :grin:
« Last Edit: 16 January 2014, 13:45 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline rst123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2072 on: 16 January 2014, 14:01 »

As long as I was happy in the house I was in I wouldn't mind having an Aston on my drive. If I hated where I lived I would think of moving and spending the money on a house. As you said you're only here once so why not, I feel the same way... lifes too short to worry about what others think of you or how you're cars look in comparison to your house!
[/url]

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #2073 on: 16 January 2014, 18:42 »
Touareg 3.0 V6 245 Bhp R line in DPB  to replace my Sharan. :smiley: 18% discount from main dealer

My mate is going to have a look at one of those next week. Justin reckons he can sort a pretty decent deal for him.

Yes VW are offering £5000 off the Touareg at the moment  with Vw Discount and dealer discount I paid less for a new one than they were asking for a  6 month old second hand model with 5,000 plus miles on the clock.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2074 on: 16 January 2014, 20:01 »
Unless you've parked in some random street, I can never understand some peoples order of priorities.

Personally I would prefer to have a house in the country with a long scrunchy gravel drive before buying a car like that to drive up it.
The thing is if his family and friends live in the area, he gets on with all his neighbours, its a good community spirt I can understand why he would stay and would rather be there. A lad I know who is a millionaire done exactly the same. A branch of my family who are self made and well to do stayed were they first settled for the same reasons.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline dean07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2075 on: 16 January 2014, 22:34 »
True mate. I get on with all my neighbours very well and as l used to be my estates postman, l obviously got to know the people on the rest of estate well. I think l would have more hassle if it did happen away from where l live. I used to deliver to the surrounding areas where l live , so most people knew me. I, m retired now, so all round l, m a happy bunny

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2076 on: 17 January 2014, 07:59 »
Maybe it's a rural thing. Most of the people that I know, myself included all aspire to having a nice house with no immediate neighbours, a manageable amount of land and some out buildings. On a modest income, nice cars get in the way of being able to save for all that.

We are all wired up differently, so I can appreciate that lots of people won't want that way of life.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2077 on: 17 January 2014, 09:18 »
Maybe it's a rural thing. Most of the people that I know, myself included all aspire to having a nice house with no immediate neighbours, a manageable amount of land and some out buildings. On a modest income, nice cars get in the way of being able to save for all that.

We are all wired up differently, so I can appreciate that lots of people won't want that way of life.

I get where you're coming from.  My aspirations are similar, though I don't think it's necessarily a rural v town thing.  It comes down to priorities, what makes you content and achieving that (hopefully) within your means.

I'd rather have a reasonably nice house and garden, a couple of investment properties to bolster the pension and then settle for a modest car.    But everyone's priorities will differ.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #2078 on: 18 January 2014, 17:59 »
Ordered a new Renault captur today to replace the golf for the wife

My mate is buying the car and will collect it in a couple of weeks.

Now that has earned me some brownie points and her attention is diverted its time to go shopping for an elise or maybe even an exige...

Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Rossc0

• Not said much yet