Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 376226 times)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1310 on: 14 October 2012, 19:28 »
Talking of Merc, saw the tv ad for he new A Class and ave to admit t looks rather nice.....be interesting to see he AMG variant :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1311 on: 14 October 2012, 19:46 »
Mechanically it's been fine but the interior trim is a bloody disgrace and has totally ruined any enjoyment i get from drivin it. I literally take it out of the garage to wash it and then it goes away again so not getting used.

One things for sure I won't be falling for the VW build quality BS ever again.

I'm going to get an idea of part ex prices next week I think but not expecting much. Problem is the cars I fancy are cheaper than mine so to part ex down is always hard.

It's a shame cos it's a great looking car and is at OCD levels of cleaness/maintained but if I can't stand driving it what's the point in it.

Sell it private then. You will have no shortage of takers on autotrader,

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1312 on: 14 October 2012, 20:22 »
Talking of Merc, saw the tv ad for he new A Class and ave to admit t looks rather nice.....be interesting to see he AMG variant :cool:

My mrs likes the new A class, she's not really a car person but saw the ad and actually had something to say about it... :laugh:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1313 on: 14 October 2012, 21:44 »
Mechanically it's been fine but the interior trim is a bloody disgrace and has totally ruined any enjoyment i get from drivin it. I literally take it out of the garage to wash it and then it goes away again so not getting used.

I'm going to get an idea of part ex prices next week I think but not expecting much. Problem is the cars I fancy are cheaper than mine so to part ex down is always hard.

It's a shame cos it's a great looking car and is at OCD levels of cleaness/maintained but if I can't stand driving it what's the point in it.
Must admit i know how you feel.  :sad:
« Last Edit: 14 October 2012, 21:55 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1314 on: 15 October 2012, 12:21 »

Sell it private then. You will have no shortage of takers on autotrader,

do they sell well privately?

i thought i would struggle trying to sell a £20k+ car privately.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1315 on: 15 October 2012, 14:01 »

It will get snapped up by a trader if it's priced right. The problem is, the right price will mean a big hit for you.  :sad:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #1316 on: 15 October 2012, 14:14 »

It will get snapped up by a trader if it's priced right. The problem is, the right price will mean a big hit for you.  :sad:

This is true...... a trader brought mine. But I still got 2k more than what bmw offered me so I wasn't too disapointed. I probably could have got another 1-2k max from a private buyer at a push.

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1317 on: 15 October 2012, 15:03 »
Search the classifieds on pistonheads for an idea of price.
A friend of mine has sold loads of cars about 6 months old on there as he gets bored quick.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Jimmymature

« Reply #1318 on: 16 October 2012, 18:11 »

I'm feeling this way about my GTI at the moment. If I had a spare £30k it would be going on an M135i for sure.  As I'm buying a bigger house next year I need all my borrowing power....

M135i next year I think.

Jim

Offline MAW73

• I live here
« Reply #1319 on: 17 October 2012, 13:54 »
My new car is now in the UK. Popping into the dealers to sign the final paper work.

I should imagine handover will be next week sometime. I'm both nervous and excited seeing as I haven't driven one yet.

:smiley:

2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto