Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302250 times)

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1080 on: 21 April 2017, 14:10 »
Sweet, no fogs. Happy about that.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1081 on: 21 April 2017, 14:20 »
It seems conclusive that VW UK product/marketing have decided to delete the fogs for whatever reason only known to themselves. VW Germany give all the markets the flexibility to add/delete spec and thats what VW UK have done. Likely reason - some cost trimming.

They are definitely fitted to Irish cars.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #1082 on: 21 April 2017, 14:23 »
Saw 3 facelift GTDs this week and none had fog lights. Does look a bit plain without them.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #1083 on: 21 April 2017, 15:11 »
No doubt, when VW gauge the reaction, they will be "added to the spec." with a resounding TA-DAAA!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1084 on: 21 April 2017, 15:24 »
No doubt, when VW gauge the reaction, they will be "added to the spec." with a resounding TA-DAAA!
The thing is, they're already on the spec - it just looks like they aren't being fitted to the cars.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline Skye

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1085 on: 21 April 2017, 15:50 »
Hi, I think it's something to do with the LED's. Tne next car I'm getting has no fog lights or head light washers.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #1086 on: 21 April 2017, 16:43 »
The thing is, they're already on the spec - it just looks like they aren't being fitted to the cars.

Yes, yes, yes, I do read threads, hence the inverted commas!  :whistle:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline MEZZA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1087 on: 21 April 2017, 18:13 »
I think everybody on this forum who is planning to purchase a GTi/GTD (even those who aren't !) and would prefer the fog lights in the bumper should e-mail VW UK asking that they be made available,making the point that even though a fog light function may well be incorporated into the LED light units on UK cars,it's more to do with appearance.
I'll be sending mine shortly !

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1088 on: 21 April 2017, 19:13 »
Hi, I think it's something to do with the LED's. Tne next car I'm getting has no fog lights or head light washers.

Hmm no headlight washers... The 7.5 definitely has those. It has to have those legally for HIDS, be them xenon or led.

I've just checked the photos of the car I saw the other week at the dealership and definitely washers... No fogs tho lol
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline MEZZA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1089 on: 21 April 2017, 19:23 »
VW really aren't helping themselves - if you look at the website for the new Golf and click on either the "Overview"
tab or the "Features & Styles" tab you'll find various pictures of a Red GTi proudly displaying the bumper fogs,that's
in addition to them showing on the configurator car display !