Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302307 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1020 on: 17 April 2017, 21:48 »
so to have this means you need to specify either lane assist with dynamic light assist and traffic sign recognition costing £630.00 or lane assist with dynamic light assist/traffic sign recognition AND rear traffic alert plus traffic jam assist for £1225.00

On the old Mk7 options, to get the dynamic lighting you needed to spec the lane assist option, so this isn't new really.

I think the reason being is that the camera unit which looks for the white lines to follow also is the same camera unit that is used to detect objects for the light masking feature. Its also the same camera used for traffic sign recognition BUT a different camera used for the (old and not available on Mk7.5) High Beam Assist.

When the Mk7 came along this point was extremely unclear in the options brochure - the actual dynamic lighting system was a showcase technology for the Mk7, yet how you actually ordered it was a mystery to most.

Still, in 3.5 years they haven't learnt that lesson at all...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1021 on: 18 April 2017, 14:47 »
Fog lights, fog lights, fog lights........................................... :whistle:

Surely there must be something more interesting about the facelift than fogs or no fogs? Come on chaps and chapesses!
Maybe there is, but if you had ordered a brand new car and it turned up and didn't meet the specification listed by the manufacturer would you just accept it?

Not really what I said was it? :rolleyes: I don't disagree with you but the huge number of posts and opinions on the subject so far has not really answered the question, unfortunately you may only find out for sure when you go to see your car. Which is a shame although personally I wouldn't be quite so bothered.

Maybe someone should start a new thread for the foglight issue? To be fair if I had a new mk7.5 turn up without them I'd be pretty annoyed, even if you dont use them the front bumper looks better with them.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #1022 on: 18 April 2017, 15:15 »
I have seen two GTI facelifts today and both did not have fog lights :evil:

The saga continues...

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #1023 on: 18 April 2017, 15:16 »
Maybe someone should start a new thread for the foglight issue? To be fair if I had a new mk7.5 turn up without them I'd be pretty annoyed, even if you dont use them the front bumper looks better with them.
The big fat Fog light thread?

Fog-gate?

Where the feck are my fecking Fogs?

Fog or no Fog that is the question?

Having seen a GTD in the flesh I really don't think fog lights would make much difference to the appearance of the car. So personally it won't bother me if my car has them or not.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1024 on: 18 April 2017, 15:22 »

Fog-gate?

Having seen a GTD in the flesh I really don't think fog lights would make much difference to the appearance of the car. So personally it won't bother me if my car has them or not.

It certainly is mist-ifying...... :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1025 on: 18 April 2017, 15:23 »

Fog-gate?

It certainly is mist-ifying...... :whistle:

Oh for Fogs sake  :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Adamw1987

• Just got here
« Reply #1026 on: 18 April 2017, 16:19 »
I'm really looking forward to picking up my GTI next week or the week after depending when it gets out of grimsby port, My question is should i be expecting another £450 knocked of my price if it does not have the fog lights as expected?

Offline juicelow

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1027 on: 18 April 2017, 17:19 »
I'm really looking forward to picking up my GTI next week or the week after depending when it gets out of grimsby port, My question is should i be expecting another £450 knocked of my price if it does not have the fog lights as expected?

Fogget it..... :rolleyes:

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1028 on: 18 April 2017, 17:25 »
It's a reasonable assumption, but not £450 as to add LED foglights to other models that don't have them is only £245.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline Adamw1987

• Just got here
« Reply #1029 on: 18 April 2017, 17:50 »
It's a reasonable assumption, but not £450 as to add LED foglights to other models that don't have them is only £245.

ah yes don't know where I got 450 from, but £245 inc VAT