Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302284 times)

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1010 on: 16 April 2017, 23:29 »
Fog lights, fog lights, fog lights........................................... :whistle:

Surely there must be something more interesting about the facelift than fogs or no fogs? Come on chaps and chapesses!
Maybe there is, but if you had ordered a brand new car and it turned up and didn't meet the specification listed by the manufacturer would you just accept it?
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1011 on: 17 April 2017, 09:13 »
Just been messing with the Audi Q3 configurator, where the headlights are termed "All Weather LED".

Is this why our fogs have been deleted? Yes, I know it has previously been suggested that the LED headlights will do the job of the fogs, but this adds weight to that arguement, doesn't it?

That being the case, maybe the others WITH fogs don't have the LED light pack? Or that if say in Germany the default is Xenons, which come with fogs, then you add the optional LED headlight, you still keep the fogs?

And I disagree that this isn't an important issue to try to figure out!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1012 on: 17 April 2017, 09:24 »
The headlights in Ireland are the same as those in the uk - the new led units. And Irish cars have the fogs, certainly the half dozen facelifts I've seen anyway.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline MEZZA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1013 on: 17 April 2017, 11:09 »
Has anyone seen on page 2 of the latest pricelist dated 6/4/17 there is a small box listing changes between 21/3/17
and 6/4/17 which says led headlights with dynamic light assist are now a no cost option on GTi/GTD and R models ?
Am I right in thinking this cost £310.00 when the launch pricelist came out ? - on page 25 of the pricelist it shows
that it is still £310.00 extra on GTE and e-Golf and £1285.00 extra on the SE Navigation,GT and R-line models.
BUT - in the same paragraph it says "only in conjunction with lane assist" - so to have this means you need to specify either lane assist with dynamic light assist and traffic sign recognition costing £630.00 or lane assist
with dynamic light assist/traffic sign recognition AND rear traffic alert plus traffic jam assist for £1225.00 - and this
latter option is only for DSG gearbox cars with both options only for 5 door models !!
So,in summary,it's not really a no cost option (unless I'm missing something) and also has any of this got anything to
do with - FOG LIGHTS !!

Offline MEZZA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1014 on: 17 April 2017, 11:16 »
Just realised i've made an error ! - dynamic light assist is £310.00 extra on the GTE and GTE Advance models and £1285.00 extra on SE Navigation, GT and R-line models - all other points raised remain.

Offline MEZZA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1015 on: 17 April 2017, 11:21 »
Actually,got it right the first time (just left out GTE Advance) !!

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #1016 on: 17 April 2017, 11:57 »
just reading the standard extras it says curtain airbag system for front/rear passengers is fitted as standard but it seems to be in the extras too...

Offline Margy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1017 on: 17 April 2017, 12:50 »
Tell me if I'm being a fool, but isn't the specification of a product, & correct pricing of such, a pretty basic requirement of a car company?
Tornado red PP, Santiagos, DCC, winter pack.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1018 on: 17 April 2017, 13:29 »
Tell me if I'm being a fool, but isn't the specification of a product, & correct pricing of such, a pretty basic requirement of a car company?

Yes unless it is on Volkswagen's website 😂 I think they dispensed with the proof readers a long time ago. Somewhere in little letters it will have a get out clause if there are errors and omissions. Trouble is if you go to a dealer they very often are not much help and muddy the water even more. Such is life  :whistle:
.....I have a good salesman though.. should have him shot and stuffed and put on a wall !!
« Last Edit: 17 April 2017, 13:31 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1019 on: 17 April 2017, 13:52 »
Fog lights, fog lights, fog lights........................................... :whistle:

Surely there must be something more interesting about the facelift than fogs or no fogs? Come on chaps and chapesses!
Maybe there is, but if you had ordered a brand new car and it turned up and didn't meet the specification listed by the manufacturer would you just accept it?

Not really what I said was it? :rolleyes: I don't disagree with you but the huge number of posts and opinions on the subject so far has not really answered the question, unfortunately you may only find out for sure when you go to see your car. Which is a shame although personally I wouldn't be quite so bothered.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.