Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302261 times)

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1000 on: 15 April 2017, 20:52 »
Good video of Isaac Blue and it does have front Fog Lights, which is what I'd like to believe I'd get in the UK as according to the latest VW price list!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Don76

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1001 on: 15 April 2017, 23:01 »
Good video of Isaac Blue and it does have front Fog Lights, which is what I'd like to believe I'd get in the UK as according to the latest VW price list!

Unfortunately that's an EU car. UK cars 100% do not have fogs as standard.

Here's a couple of UK cars both of which have no fogs. Neither do any of the 6 or 7 I've seen in person at various dealers.

https://youtu.be/4AlMwKV-eYY

https://youtu.be/cMOlL6vpA1Y

Sorry to disappoint dude.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1002 on: 16 April 2017, 11:00 »

Unfortunately that's an EU car. UK cars 100% do not have fogs as standard.

Here's a couple of UK cars both of which have no fogs. Neither do any of the 6 or 7 I've seen in person at various dealers.

Sorry to disappoint dude.

I have a feeling that by the time it comes to people taking delivery of their cars in a few months time they will have fogs.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #1003 on: 16 April 2017, 12:25 »
I have a feeling that by the time it comes to people taking delivery of their cars in a few months time they will have fogs.

Agreed. We've had all of the Mk7.5 stuff from VW and then the MY2018 changes with the official release by Evo1986 here, so plenty of opportunity for changing, or correcting, the spec. Fogs are still there, so there will be a great deal of poo hitting the proverbial if customer cars turn up without them.

Probably a supplier problem somewhere along the line. It'll be fine.  :smiley:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Don76

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1004 on: 16 April 2017, 15:34 »

Agreed. We've had all of the Mk7.5 stuff from VW and then the MY2018 changes with the official release by Evo1986 here, so plenty of opportunity for changing, or correcting, the spec. Fogs are still there, so there will be a great deal of poo hitting the proverbial if customer cars turn up without them.

I've seen 6 or 7 customer cars. Each with no fogs. When Audi facelifted the A3 a few months ago, they moved from xenon to LED headlights and with this removed front fogs here in UK.

I'm 100% confident our UK facelifts will not have fogs.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1005 on: 16 April 2017, 15:49 »

I've seen 6 or 7 customer cars. Each with no fogs. When Audi facelifted the A3 a few months ago, they moved from xenon to LED headlights and with this removed front fogs here in UK.

I'm 100% confident our UK facelifts will not have fogs.

Audi done the same with the facelift Q3 but it was the same everywhere and not just the UK plus I've seen a UK reg car with fogs and all Irish cars have fogs. Was the facelift A3 in Ireland the same, no fogs.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Avallon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1006 on: 16 April 2017, 16:03 »
Fog lights are certainly listed as standard in the VW New Golf pricelist - even has this statement:

1 Front fog lights on GTD and GTI models incorporate LED technology, but do not feature static cornering function.

Offline Don76

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1007 on: 16 April 2017, 17:02 »
Fog lights are certainly listed as standard in the VW New Golf pricelist - even has this statement:

1 Front fog lights on GTD and GTI models incorporate LED technology, but do not feature static cornering function.

Could the fog light capabilities be within the headlight cluster?
Or, could the brochure be wrong. Could the lights in the lower grill be the cornering lights option?

One things for sure, there are plenty out there with no lights in the lower grills.

Two UK cars below.

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1008 on: 16 April 2017, 17:34 »
Fog lights, fog lights, fog lights........................................... :whistle:

Surely there must be something more interesting about the facelift than fogs or no fogs? Come on chaps and chapesses!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #1009 on: 16 April 2017, 20:46 »
Just been messing with the Audi Q3 configurator, where the headlights are termed "All Weather LED".

Is this why our fogs have been deleted? Yes, I know it has previously been suggested that the LED headlights will do the job of the fogs, but this adds weight to that arguement, doesn't it?
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.