Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302330 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #990 on: 14 April 2017, 15:37 »
I'd love to know why the front fogs are fitted to some GTI's / D (all of the cars I've seen have them) and some don't. There must be some option that forces their deletion. Dynamic lights maybe?

Have seen any in Ireland without them? The only ones I've seen had them.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #991 on: 14 April 2017, 15:56 »
I'd love to know why the front fogs are fitted to some GTI's / D (all of the cars I've seen have them) and some don't. There must be some option that forces their deletion. Dynamic lights maybe?

Have seen any in Ireland without them? The only ones I've seen had them.

No - any cars I've seen here have them fitted.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #992 on: 14 April 2017, 18:36 »
I've just read the review of the Facelift GTI Performance on Autocar and it says that the performance pack adds the rain sensor/auto wipers and composition media (I.e. USB interface), both of which I think were standard on the MK7? I wasn't aware of this and now wonder what else has been dropped from the standard GTI...

Auto wipers, USB and Discover Nav are standard on the normal mk7.5 GTI. For the looks of their press pictures they didn't drive a UK spec car, and we all know how loaded the UK spec cars are compared to other regions.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #993 on: 14 April 2017, 18:39 »
Thanks Hog_Hedge, I wish my car would hurry up and get here so I can stop worrying!!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #994 on: 14 April 2017, 19:06 »
Thanks Hog_Hedge, I wish my car would hurry up and get here so I can stop worrying!!

When is yours due? Mine arrived at the port in Grimsby at 5am this morning :laugh:

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #995 on: 14 April 2017, 19:14 »
So jealous, when's the big day or is it still tbc? Mine is in "its final stage of its journey to the UK", it reckons approx 10 days to dealer :-)
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #996 on: 14 April 2017, 19:14 »
I've just read the review of the Facelift GTI Performance on Autocar and it says that the performance pack adds the rain sensor/auto wipers and composition media (I.e. USB interface), both of which I think were standard on the MK7? I wasn't aware of this and now wonder what else has been dropped from the standard GTI...

Auto wipers, USB and Discover Nav are standard on the normal mk7.5 GTI. For the looks of their press pictures they didn't drive a UK spec car, and we all know how loaded the UK spec cars are compared to other regions.

Another thing to remember is that it is Autocar, so not the best at getting things correct.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #997 on: 14 April 2017, 19:39 »
So jealous, when's the big day or is it still tbc? Mine is in "its final stage of its journey to the UK", it reckons approx 10 days to dealer :-)

Mine says the exact same thing. It changed to that this morning when the boat arrived at Grimsby, maybe ours was on the same boat?

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #998 on: 14 April 2017, 22:16 »
I bought an S3 last year which has the 7 speed DSG and I much preferred the 6 Speed in my GTI.
To me the 6 speed was more just like a fast manual whereas the 7 speed feels a bit more like an auto.

The first 6 gears are pretty much the same, the 7th gear is more like an overdrive.
This causes a lot of 7 to 6 to 7 to 6 gear changes when in D with gentle throttle application.

I did show a graph comparing the two back  in POST #399

I'm pretty sure I remember the 6 speed on the GTI having different ratios to the 6 speed in the R and S3. I just remember reading or hearing in a video someone talking about the GTI having tall gears, or was that only for the manual? I tried searching for it and found these 2 charts if it helps.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7018273-Manual-gearbox-weird-ratios-not-made-for-slow-driving&p=86058411&viewfull=1#post86058411

https://www.reddit.com/r/GolfGTI/comments/4s3fzq/gearing_chart_for_the_201516_golf_r_mkvii/

Offline Don76

• Not said much yet
« Reply #999 on: 15 April 2017, 08:38 »
Pics of the Isaac Blue would be appreciated.
+1

I can't find a good photo of this colour.

Here's a 5min video for you....

https://youtu.be/o-wUMc69Nb4