Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302250 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #980 on: 13 April 2017, 09:09 »
Because it's a good way to upsell an expensive option?
Then why have it in the GTD before the GTI? Maybe it was for emissions?

Whatever the reason I'm hoping the wait will be worth it. With the GTI Performance there is extra horse power, extra torque and the first 6 gears on the new DSG are shorter. It will be interesting to see what effect all those things have on performance. Combined with what VW engineers have learned from developing the Clubsport, Clubsport S and new Golf R. They have the right ingredients to make something a bit special. We will know soon enough.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #981 on: 13 April 2017, 11:18 »
I bought an S3 last year which has the 7 speed DSG and I much preferred the 6 Speed in my GTI.
To me the 6 speed was more just like a fast manual whereas the 7 speed feels a bit more like an auto.

The first 6 gears are pretty much the same, the 7th gear is more like an overdrive.
This causes a lot of 7 to 6 to 7 to 6 gear changes when in D with gentle throttle application.

I did show a graph comparing the two back  in POST #399
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #982 on: 14 April 2017, 13:24 »
It does state on the VW site that the GTI comes with fogs.

I can confirm the 7.5 GTi does NOT have front fog lights in the lower bumper. My brother has just picked his up from the dealers and it looks far better in the flesh than the pictures show it. His is Isaac Blue and it is a cross between Graphite Blue from the Mk5/6 and Carbon Grey 👍👍 the other noticeable thing is how big the tail pipes are. I reckon you could poke the previous ones up the insides and they would still not touch the sides!!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #983 on: 14 April 2017, 13:29 »

I can confirm the 7.5 GTi does NOT have front fog lights in the lower bumper. My brother has just picked his up from the dealers and it looks far better in the flesh than the pictures show it. His is Isaac Blue and it is a cross between Graphite Blue from the Mk5/6 and Carbon Grey 👍👍 the other noticeable thing is how big the tail pipes are. I reckon you could poke the previous ones up the insides and they would still not touch the sides!!
I can vouch for the size of the tailpipes..... they're huge :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #984 on: 14 April 2017, 14:00 »

To be honest glad thats the case, be interest to know what else is wrong with the 'standard' spec list on the website.

Did it come with car mats?  :grin:

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #985 on: 14 April 2017, 14:21 »
Pics of the Isaac Blue would be appreciated.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #986 on: 14 April 2017, 14:26 »

To be honest glad thats the case, be interest to know what else is wrong with the 'standard' spec list on the website.

Did it come with car mats?  :grin:

His has but so have both my Mk7's too. The trim on the interior is different. It used to be a shiny carbon effect but it more of a satin finish now on the doors and above the glovebox. The centre part of the dash is now Piano Black gloss the same as my R. Also I have to say I didn't like the look of the Parkers on the pictures I had seen but they look far better in the flesh. More angular .
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #987 on: 14 April 2017, 14:46 »
Pics of the Isaac Blue would be appreciated.
+1

I can't find a good photo of this colour.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #988 on: 14 April 2017, 15:18 »
I've just read the review of the Facelift GTI Performance on Autocar and it says that the performance pack adds the rain sensor/auto wipers and composition media (I.e. USB interface), both of which I think were standard on the MK7? I wasn't aware of this and now wonder what else has been dropped from the standard GTI...
« Last Edit: 14 April 2017, 15:21 by andy28 »
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #989 on: 14 April 2017, 15:19 »
I'd love to know why the front fogs are fitted to some GTI's / D (all of the cars I've seen have them) and some don't. There must be some option that forces their deletion. Dynamic lights maybe?
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.