Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302252 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #930 on: 06 April 2017, 20:00 »
I do have a question though, the dealer said it comes with a 7 speed DSG but some reviews mention 6 speed so I'm a little confused as to what it should have.
The new 7 speed DSG is not available for the UK GTI at the moment.

It is available on the GTD and Golf R. In the next few weeks it is expected to be available with the GTI Performance Pack.
« Last Edit: 06 April 2017, 20:01 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #931 on: 06 April 2017, 20:36 »
That's annoying as that was something that helped make the decision to get it, on the test drive we didn't go anywhere where it would have needed to go into 7th and to be fair I didn't try to put it into 6th/7th with the paddles.

I'll raise that with the dealer.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #932 on: 06 April 2017, 20:43 »
That's annoying as that was something that helped make the decision to get it, on the test drive we didn't go anywhere where it would have needed to go into 7th and to be fair I didn't try to put it into 6th/7th with the paddles.

I'll raise that with the dealer.

Well he did miss-sell the car to you so just cancel it and wait for the GTi PP.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #933 on: 06 April 2017, 20:54 »
I did think about waiting for the PP but not on the basis of it coming with a 7 DSG, I was informed it was for the diff and power upgrade.

But based on price and how often I'd actually make use of it I decided against.

I guess what I need to decide now is, is the 7 speed box really going to be of noticeable difference over the 6 for fuel economy etc while cruising along in a GTI. Unsure next steps now.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #934 on: 06 April 2017, 21:08 »
Dsg7 makes some improvements to fuel economy but I doubt you'd see any actual differences after you've added the weight of the diff and the cost of pp.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #935 on: 06 April 2017, 21:32 »
I wouldn't be so sure either of those will be coming. I'm still waiting for vw to explain why the fogs have gone...

Hi fredgroves, did VW come back to you re front fogs? My dealer is adamant my GTI will come with them (on the basis of the reliable configurator) but let's see eh... it's built and in transit!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #936 on: 06 April 2017, 21:55 »
I wouldn't be so sure either of those will be coming. I'm still waiting for vw to explain why the fogs have gone...

Hi fredgroves, did VW come back to you re front fogs? My dealer is adamant my GTI will come with them (on the basis of the reliable configurator) but let's see eh... it's built and in transit!

Reliable configurator; really? It was recently showing the wrong steering wheel on the GTI, and a 'black hole' where the gear lever / DSG drive selector should've been (fixed now though). 

Be sure to let us know Andy whether it has front fogs or not, to help clear up the mystery!  :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #937 on: 06 April 2017, 22:09 »
I did think about waiting for the PP but not on the basis of it coming with a 7 DSG, I was informed it was for the diff and power upgrade.
This is what I'm expecting -

GTI
-230hp and 350nm torque
-6 speed DSG

GTI PP
-245hp and 370nm torque
-7 speed DSG
-VAQ electronically controlled limited slip differential
-Golf R brakes
-Red GTI badges :cool:

... have I missed anything?

Offline infernox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #938 on: 06 April 2017, 22:16 »
However, I doubt if I would delete a £550 option. So I guess I'll just have to get used to it.  :angry:

Isn't AID a free option? That's what I've seen in the VW config and broker sites.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #939 on: 06 April 2017, 22:31 »
However, I doubt if I would delete a £550 option. So I guess I'll just have to get used to it.  :angry:

Isn't AID a free option? That's what I've seen in the VW config and broker sites.
It comes as standard on performance Golfs. It is a £550 option on other Golfs.

If you order a performance Golf, there is a no cost option to delete the AID.

I wish they had not made it standard and kept it as an option. I would rather have a car £550 cheaper and proper dials.