Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302330 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #870 on: 03 April 2017, 15:20 »
Just out of interest, how the hell does that dealer have two Mk7.5's as "used" already??

AFAIK only a handful have come into the UK in the last week or so and even allowing for dealer demo/staff vehicles, they wouldn't be knocking them out yet would they?

Seems very bizarre!

It's their demo cars so although they're listed for sale they can't actually sell them just yet (technically).
Check out the availability date before handing over a deposit!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #871 on: 03 April 2017, 15:32 »
The Vienna leather looks "interesting" on the facelift! The centres seem to have a polka dot type of finish which looks ok on the R (white dots) but the red on the GTI might be marmite...
Looks pretty good in real life - still wouldn't spec it over the GTI cloth myself!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #872 on: 03 April 2017, 15:42 »
Just out of interest, how the hell does that dealer have two Mk7.5's as "used" already??

AFAIK only a handful have come into the UK in the last week or so and even allowing for dealer demo/staff vehicles, they wouldn't be knocking them out yet would they?

Seems very bizarre!

It's their demo cars so although they're listed for sale they can't actually sell them just yet (technically).

Yes, the GTI is available in 83 days time and the GTD in 73 days time. They'll be nicely loosened up from customer test drives by then :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #873 on: 03 April 2017, 15:42 »
Few pics for you:

http://golfgti.co.uk/feature_mk7_2017_GTI_R_GTE_updates.htm

I think my invite must've got lost in the post  :lipsrsealed:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #874 on: 03 April 2017, 15:59 »

Seems very bizarre!

Yes, the GTI is available in 83 days time and the GTD in 73 days time. They'll be nicely loosened up from customer test drives by then :grin:

Don't forget... every demo of a DSG car includes a demonstration of launch control...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #875 on: 03 April 2017, 20:12 »
At the dealers today and none of the GTD or GTi's had front fogs. I asked the 'sales manager' and he said that the GTD's and GTi's have never come with front fogs :rolleyes: Needless to say a bit clueless.

Btw both the GTD and GTi were covered in swirl marks so having to pay out the bones of £500 to sort out the swirls on my car hasn't changed there way of doing the prep.

5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #876 on: 03 April 2017, 20:27 »
That's very odd. I've seen a couple of new FL GTI's and GTD's in the metal and they all had fogs. I can't think of any reason they wouldn't be fitted. It's not like they'd be an optional extra. Are there are a few pre-production / non official standard spec cars with odd specs in showrooms I wonder? Only logical explanation.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #877 on: 03 April 2017, 20:38 »
Are the Fogs dropped if the car has the Enhance LED package ?  Just a thought.

Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #878 on: 03 April 2017, 21:10 »
It's either that dynamic lighting or just leds deletes the fogs I guess... But is a bit weird given that the configurator lists it...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #879 on: 03 April 2017, 22:01 »
It's either that dynamic lighting or just leds deletes the fogs I guess... But is a bit weird given that the configurator lists it...

Then again, the configurator isn't exactly infallible!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.