Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302339 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #700 on: 15 February 2017, 09:28 »
Here's the colours in the Irish brochure. Looks like its called Iron Blue here too.

Looks a bit like graphite blue alright. I had that colour in a MK5 GTI and it was really gorgeous... really looked well with the GTI red bits.

That's just a sea of dull, dull, boring and dull with just one beacon of hope (red, just in case anyone was wondering) :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #701 on: 15 February 2017, 10:31 »
I agree, its all very fifty shades of grey :(

When you look at the graphic with all of the colours on it, only the red and the lapiz blue standout to me.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #702 on: 15 February 2017, 12:05 »
I agree, its all very fifty shades of grey :(

When you look at the graphic with all of the colours on it, only the red and the lapiz blue standout to me.
... at the risk of derailing this thread again...

Some of my work involves digital light projectors and information display screens. One of the things I have had to learn about is contrast and the effects of ambient light. Customers would complain that they could not read their display screens very well. I had to point out that blue text on a grey background might look really cool on a computer screen in a relatively dark office, but was not at all suitable for a display screen in a brightly light reception area.

... my point is that white cars are not going to stand out against a white background. If the background colour was black you would find that the white cars would stand out the most.

Red will only stand out when there is lots of light. Go to any car park during daylight and the red cars will really stand out. Go to a car park at night and it will be hard to distinguish red cars from black cars. Unless the car park has good lighting or you are really close to them.

I agree that people should just buy the colour they like. However, I have had that phone call we all dread... "There's been an accident..." Thankfully my wife was ok when someone didn't see her and pulled out of a junction :angry: It was just her car that went to the great scrapyard in the sky. For the record - it was a silver Polo and it was daylight.

There was a man, woman and baby in the other car. They were all fine too. The woman claimed for personal injury for herself and the baby. Even though the baby slept through the whole thing :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: 15 February 2017, 12:18 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #703 on: 15 February 2017, 12:18 »
I didn't mean standout as in "you'll never be seen driving that and everyone will crash into you".... I just meant that the red and lapiz blue were attractive colours to me vs all of the conservative (with a small c) colours.

The others all feel (to me) like they were all pretty "safe" and really not exactly a "colour" choice at all.

Just me I guess though probably. Nobody else liked my idea of a purple R :)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #704 on: 15 February 2017, 12:25 »
I believe BMW have said they will never have touch screen because they believe it to be dangerous...

Anyone seen the advert on the TV for the new 5 series...

Watch it and tell me that that is not a touch screen they show... I know its still got Idrive but...

Offline ashley6285

• Not said much yet
« Reply #705 on: 15 February 2017, 12:58 »
I believe BMW have said they will never have touch screen because they believe it to be dangerous...

Anyone seen the advert on the TV for the new 5 series...

Watch it and tell me that that is not a touch screen they show... I know its still got Idrive but...

Yes, definitely touch screen. Also features in the latest Mini Clubman and Countryman too.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #706 on: 15 February 2017, 18:12 »
Only colour for me from the UK pallette, as it stands, is Oryx, even at the premium price. Surely there's a space in there for Tungsten and/or Limestone. I reckon there will be a lot of pressure for a little more choice. As said, nothing stands out and there should be stand out colours for a stand out car!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #707 on: 15 February 2017, 18:18 »
Joe,

Where did u get that new brochure?

I cant see it on the VW website?
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #708 on: 15 February 2017, 18:25 »
Imagine the hell you could cause with a near silent Tesla in one of these statistically terrible colours. Be like it's wearing a cloak of invisibility. Death and destruction everywhere. And so hard to find where you left it. Nightmare.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #709 on: 15 February 2017, 18:41 »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.