Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302255 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #600 on: 04 February 2017, 11:13 »
In Sweden we can oder the PP witg the 7 DSG , that i will order now;).
Does the Swedish website have any details on fuel economy and performance for the new 7-speed DSG?

The UK brochure has the GTI performance pack, with details 'To Be Announced'.

Both the Czech and Swedish websites show the performance pack, but are the cars actually going to be produced yet?

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #601 on: 04 February 2017, 18:35 »
In Sweden we can oder the PP witg the 7 DSG , that i will order now;).
Does the Swedish website have any details on fuel economy and performance for the new 7-speed DSG?

The UK brochure has the GTI performance pack, with details 'To Be Announced'.

Both the Czech and Swedish websites show the performance pack, but are the cars actually going to be produced yet?

No we don´t have any numbers yet, if i order today the car will be delivered late Q2 as a 2018.. :)
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #602 on: 04 February 2017, 18:42 »
I have another problem!, what color will i order?!

Can you help med find som nice Photos/movies of these..

-white silver metallic
-dark iron blue metallic
-atlantic blue metallic.

Thanks from cold Sweden ;)
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #603 on: 04 February 2017, 22:48 »

-white silver metallic
-dark iron blue metallic
-atlantic blue metallic.
I had decided on Reflex Silver. For some reason that option vanished last week :angry:

I believe that Dark Iron blue is being called Issac blue in the UK.

Atlantic blue looks really nice in the flesh. Not sure how it looks with with the GTI's red lines.

From the videos I have watched - white silver looks like white primer grey.

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #604 on: 05 February 2017, 01:06 »
I'd like to see an image of what Indium Grey looks like - now they've binned off (unfortunately) Carbon Grey which is my current colour of choice.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #605 on: 05 February 2017, 07:58 »

-white silver metallic
-dark iron blue metallic
-atlantic blue metallic.
I had decided on Reflex Silver. For some reason that option vanished last week :angry:

I believe that Dark Iron blue is being called Issac blue in the UK.

Atlantic blue looks really nice in the flesh. Not sure how it looks with with the GTI's red lines.

From the videos I have watched - white silver looks like white primer grey.

I was waiting on the facelift and had decided on Reflex Silver as well. None of the colours stand out to me really. So might look at white if it's a GTI, or go for lapiz blue on the R.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #606 on: 05 February 2017, 11:56 »
I have discussed this before, though may be not here.

Has anyone ever considered - what is the safest colour of car? Most people buy their cars in daylight, coming into the summer. Few people consider how visible that colour will be on dark, wet, winter evenings.

Statistically, red is the most expensive colour to insure. Yet post office vans and fire engines are usually red. However, the most common colour of sports car and sporty models is red. Sports cars and sports models are the most expensive cars to insure. So it has nothing to do with the colour. In daylight red is one of the most visible and safest colours of car to drive. The problem is, in low light our eyes do not see colour. At night we can only detect light or dark. Red is detected as a dark colour. This is why many emergency vehicles are white with hi-vis yellow, orange, green or blue checkering. But I don't see that colour scheme catching on with the public :laugh:

A friend on mine has a midnight blue Bora. His sister-in-law reversed into it, my brother reversed into it, I nearly reversed into it! That colour is dam near invisible at night.

I think that Indium Grey is a really nice looking colour. Probably my favourite colour after black. However, I would not buy either colour. Indium Grey is basically the same colour as the road.

All modern cars have DRLs which is fine if you can see them. I have had a few incidents where the car coming towards me was in a slight dip on a narrow country road. It was usually around dust or dawn and it was usually raining. The roof of the black or dark grey car was the same colour as the road behind it. Therefore I did not see the car until the last second! Luckily they can seen me as my silver roof is a lot more visible against the road.

I realise that most people would never be in the above situation. However, this is something I consider when buying a car - what is the safest colour?
« Last Edit: 05 February 2017, 12:00 by Daz Auto »

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #607 on: 05 February 2017, 12:08 »
Probably yellow or bright orange. Maybe viper green.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #608 on: 05 February 2017, 12:09 »
Many years ago an old colleague of mine stated to me that "they should bloody ban silver cars as they're invisible in fog or heavy rain"

If I was buying an FL car I'd order Silver White or White Silver or whatever it is.
Silver cars are the easiest in the world to look after closely followed by white (ignoring tar spots).
So therefore White Silver or Silver White should trump both, plus mk7's look great in both White and Silver.

Indium Grey looks superb on Sciroccos and should tone down some of the fussy front end styling plus look very Germanically (is that even a real word? I think I made it up) understated.

The easiest colour to see?
You don't miss a Kiwi Green/Yellow or bright Yellow SEAT Ibiza or Leon very easily no matter what the light.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #609 on: 05 February 2017, 12:17 »
^ Is part of the reason that Red is considered costly to insure due to a red car's brake lights having less visual impact in daylight (Red on Red) when lit, especially when very sunny? Smoked/tinted rear clusters do help in making it even clearer when they are lit and when they aren't in bright conditions.

A dark car at night should be easy to see if it is lit, if only for the light it is putting out. A white car in pitch black conditions isn't going to look much lighter than a black one as most of the light that car is giving out isn't reflected back over the car.

If safety was the primary concern for car colour, the car manufacturers would be under pressure to limit the colour palette and making it highly reflective.

There's definitely no missing a Lapiz R, a Red or White Golf of any trim, or a Viper Green Scirocco during daylight or on a well lit road at night.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.