Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302252 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #260 on: 10 November 2016, 12:00 »
Better spec is subjective though. And I certainly don't think it will hold and more value than the current model although the new model will cost you more so it may be worth what the increase is. You're not getting anything major the current golf doesn't already have and the new updated version will cost you more.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #261 on: 10 November 2016, 12:06 »

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/new-volkswagen-golf-here

Quite like the GTI with way red stripes integrate and does that mean they are getting twin LED from them photos? If so, think the GTI has taken a nice lift all around though extra power has me thinking even more tramping in wet

Tailpipes not integrated either as a relief

Not sure about the wheels?

Notice the interior is not touch less yet so must be for MK 8

Still need to see the full range and options but dislike the standard golf with integrated tail pipes but like the GTI
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #262 on: 10 November 2016, 12:10 »
Now we're talking. As soon as the golf r is announced i'll be placing my order.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #263 on: 10 November 2016, 12:16 »
Now we're talking. As soon as the golf r is announced i'll be placing my order.

Yep, really like the new front end on the GTI, the red stripe looks right now and with twin DRL as a bonus

only thing would concern me is tramping at 247 BHP as my previous GTD at measly 184 BHP tramped

No mention of R and GTD which is strange
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #264 on: 10 November 2016, 12:18 »
Seems to be fairly low key overall. The new GTI headlights look good.

I'd personally be disappointed if I'd only very recently got one and just missed out. I'd have to have the latest and "greatest".
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #265 on: 10 November 2016, 12:23 »
I wonder if the little power hike on the PP is just a software change and if it uses the same clutch as what's in now?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #266 on: 10 November 2016, 12:27 »
I wonder if the little power hike on the PP is just a software change and if it uses the same clutch as what's in now?

Interesting that the R and GTD have been held back to December as be easy to follow the Audi face lift and announce now if thats all that is coming

So Bi-Turbo? and given the BHP lift on the GTI, not a soft S3 10 BHP but maybe 350 BHP on the R?

Just seems strange that styling seems done and dusted and interior too, so if just standard lifts they would be announced now.

Offline wesbar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #267 on: 10 November 2016, 12:29 »

I think a lot of GTI's put out around 240 as std so maybe they've done nothing  :smiley:
Mk7 Golf GTI, DSG, CSG, Performance Pack, Santiago's, App Connect, Park Assist, 90% Tints

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #268 on: 10 November 2016, 12:46 »
It's getting those Audi style scrolling indicators  :laugh:

"while the rear lights are LED throughout the range, equipped with scrolling ‘animated indicators’ if you’ve ticked some options boxes"
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline GTD22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #269 on: 10 November 2016, 12:56 »
Please god I do hope my GTD that I ordered last week will not get the facelift, dealer said no so I hope they are right.

why? If I was ordering now, I would only want the new one. Basically the same car with better spec level and will hold its value a lot better -2-3 yrs time.

Because I don't like the tft screen and front bumper.