Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302278 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #180 on: 17 October 2016, 09:23 »
Some more speculation about the changes - most of it is obvious. It has been a while since the DCC has been mentioned. This is of particular interest to me as DCC is top of my options list. It is a must for our rural roads.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/its-final-countdown-vw-to-reveal.html
"The 2017 Volkswagen Golf is also believed to adopt the next-gen adjustable dampers, further improving its cornering ability and ride comfort, along with possible engine revisions that could see updated units with more power and better fuel economy. CO2 emissions are a delicate subject when it comes to Volkswagen, but the engines are also expected to be less polluting."
« Last Edit: 17 October 2016, 09:26 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #181 on: 17 October 2016, 10:25 »
Might be next gen dcc but it won't be standard.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #182 on: 17 October 2016, 13:05 »
If they facelift the R so its more aggressive and increase the bhp and torque figures ill be very tempted

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #183 on: 17 October 2016, 13:11 »
Might be next gen dcc but it won't be standard.
People are speculating on price rises given the weakness of the pound. I think the performance models may come with a lot less as standard. Unfortunately, optional extras maybe where the price hikes happen.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #184 on: 17 October 2016, 13:22 »
People are speculating on price rises given the weakness of the pound. I think the performance models may come with a lot less as standard. Unfortunately, optional extras maybe where the price hikes happen.

Yeah that is my take on it and why I'm not waiting.
They have not long added the Winter Pack and Sat Nav as standard.
I'd imagine that will go. Especially if the virtual cockpit is available and at a cost, folk will also be tempted with the Sat Nav as it integrates well on it.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

mjh_056

« Reply #185 on: 17 October 2016, 14:51 »
Think with the MK 7 you have really come to the point of how much is any change really going to uplift the present experience?

Maybe there will be something in performance for those who take theirs to the track but it will be a negligible difference for those who will only ever see normal roads.

The present DCC is pretty well cosseted and in fact it can sometimes be so much so that you can get a sea sick feeling so an improved DCC? there maybe technical things to point at the improvements but experience again will be the best judge.

reminds me of washing powders, toothpaste, new and improved, the whitest ever! but do any of us in reality think its any different from the originals even?

Gesture control? seriously?

My view is that the gap has closed more than ever on actual improvements to experience, AWD, 300 BHP, DSG with present DCC is all the car you will ever need ever really and each of these listed items might get a lift, and good for top trumps, but you not going to notice.

Think the only time you really stand up and pay attention is of the economy and emissions is a quantum leap from the present, not just a minor test lab improvement.

The gadgets and gizmos might also be good to point to when new and shiny but most of this new tech is more gadget than legitimately useful.

The only thing I have wanted in last 3 years was improved connectivity with my phone and that's it and Car Play has filled that gap.

The timing might be perfect to move to a FL or the MK 8 but if going to wait many months or lose money by doing so, then would think seriously to what chasing

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #186 on: 17 October 2016, 15:32 »
I don't think VW are pitching these new things as an upgrade for existing owners, I think its more about someone buying a new car choosing a golf over a Merc or a Kia or whatever.

Its not like a new version of Windows (now with amazing features(tm)).

In fact, I'd doubt that they even think twice about encouraging their existing owners to swap to the next version by feature set changes. Maybe the "loyalty discount" is the only method that works anyway.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #187 on: 17 October 2016, 16:34 »
Gesture control? seriously?

Is gesture control going to be standard or an option? Because I don't see anyone going ,"I need gesture control in my car!"

Same with keyless entry and virtual cockpit. They may be nice options to have, but they are unnecessary and would be near the bottom of my list.

The roads near our house are particularly crap. I have often considered that my next vehicle should be a Tiguan, but I would miss the performance. I had a Mk7 GTD with standard suspension on an extended test drive. I knew by the time I pulled into the driveway I would not be buying one without DCC. Even my wife noticed straight away how uncomfortable it was on our roads. Her car is an Audi A3 on standard suspension and 16 inch tyres. It just soaks up the bumps in the road. Obviously, I would not expect a performance Golf to have the same ability, but any improvement would be welcome.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #188 on: 17 October 2016, 16:40 »
In fact, I'd doubt that they even think twice about encouraging their existing owners to swap to the next version by feature set changes. Maybe the "loyalty discount" is the only method that works anyway.
"Build it (better) and they will come."  :smiley:

Maybe they just want a car that will appeal to those who upgrade regularly. Keeping it 'fresh' will attract attention. Everyone likes shiny new toys.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #189 on: 17 October 2016, 16:46 »
Well it looks like I may be wrong again...

http://www.car24news.com/official-2017-volkswagen-golf-facelift-confirmed-to-debut-this-november/

"Volkswagen confirms that facelifted Golf will debut in early November this year. According to company this will be a major update, and the model will be regarded as the 8-generation Golf."