Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302280 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #160 on: 07 October 2016, 09:04 »
It won't get digital dash by default, you'll have to pay for it.

I'd guess that by Mk8 you'll get it as standard on high end models.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #162 on: 13 October 2016, 23:47 »
It won't get digital dash by default, you'll have to pay for it.

I'd guess that by Mk8 you'll get it as standard on high end models.

I'd be surprised if it didn't as it's standard on passat r line and tiguan sel and r line. I'd expect performance golf to get it as standard and with some fancy graphics to make it stand out like passat gte has.
Sales Manager - Inchcape Volkswagen Swindon

VW Golf GTI Clubsport S - GO15 CSS

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #163 on: 14 October 2016, 20:24 »
Is the update worth cancelling a current order for?? Engines remain the same, led lights and virtual dash.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/91568/new-2017-vw-golf-facelift-reveal-date-announced
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #164 on: 14 October 2016, 21:00 »
Is the update worth cancelling a current order for?? Engines remain the same, led lights and virtual dash.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/91568/new-2017-vw-golf-facelift-reveal-date-announced
Difficult question. It depends...

Performance: There may be some small performance enhancements, but they will likely not be noticeable anywhere other than a track.

Cost: I would doubt if there will be the same discounts and offers available.

Style: Hopefully there will be some improvements in the looks, as the current Mk7 has not grown on me at all. A good facelift may make the car more desirable.

Comfort, economy, ergonomics are likely to be similar. Though there may be some big improvements in technology.

So is it worth it? For performance - no. For cost - no. For style - maybe.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #165 on: 14 October 2016, 22:09 »
Someone has posted on ASN that they have changed from a Golf R to an S3 facelift. The are saying that the combination of 10 extra horses, 25 more torques and 7 speed Stronic gives the Audi a noticeable improvement over the Golf.

So if money is no object and you need to drive the 'best', people may want to wait for the facelift Golf R.

Edit: they are also saying the facelift S3 has a haldex update to improve the balance.
« Last Edit: 14 October 2016, 23:15 by Daz Auto »

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #166 on: 15 October 2016, 11:04 »
Really don't like the sound of 'buttonless' controls.
One of the things I love about my mk 7 are the simpicity of the heating controls etc.
The other thing that worries me is use of haptic feedback on the display. It's dangerous enough just pressing a digital display as you are driving without having to think about the pressure you need to apply.
It's another case of ' just because we can do it, doesn't mean we should do it' as far as  I'm concerned.
Call me old fashioned if you must :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #167 on: 15 October 2016, 11:29 »
The only thing that would be a quite nice to have is the digital display but it's no biggy really. Probably be some other thing in a couple of years  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Walts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #168 on: 15 October 2016, 11:46 »
Found this German update.

Although the review is in German if you go halfway down there's a video of the car in a few models variants they believe is the new facelift.

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf-vii-facelift-2016-5-tuerer-variant-gti-infos-preis-5519781.html

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #169 on: 15 October 2016, 12:54 »
Really don't like the sound of 'buttonless' controls.
One of the things I love about my mk 7 are the simpicity of the heating controls etc.
The other thing that worries me is use of haptic feedback on the display. It's dangerous enough just pressing a digital display as you are driving without having to think about the pressure you need to apply.
It's another case of ' just because we can do it, doesn't mean we should do it' as far as  I'm concerned.
Call me old fashioned if you must :whistle:

Me too. I'm not a luddite but technology for the sake of it bores me. Why can't they focus on improving build quality? And as above, using a touchscreen on the move is difficult and dangerous. I've a few gestures for it....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.