Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302280 times)

Offline cosmos

• Not said much yet
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #150 on: 01 October 2016, 13:54 »
edit: wrong thread
« Last Edit: 01 October 2016, 13:56 by cosmos »
Golf GTI PP | DSG | 5 door | Carbon Steel Grey | DCC | Tech Pack | Parking Pack

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #151 on: 01 October 2016, 19:17 »
The cynic in me thinks that VW might possibly be a bit touchy about emissions in the USA and especially California. That makes electric Golfs or VW's in general seem the natural thing to showcase in the city & state with a bit of a history with vehicle emissions.
So it's hardly surprising they've held off the Golf FL and gone for an electric car for Paris which will postpone or deflect emissions questions leading up to LA, and then launch VW's bread and butter model with a huge fanfare on home ground just before it goes into production. Obviously the launch just might have one or two things to show how VW is taking low or zero emissions very seriously. I doubt Greenpeace will be invited to the unveiling though.
Americans are not big fans of hatchbacks. I wonder which VW model sells best in their market?

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #152 on: 01 October 2016, 19:46 »
The cynic in me thinks that VW might possibly be a bit touchy about emissions in the USA and especially California. That makes electric Golfs or VW's in general seem the natural thing to showcase in the city & state with a bit of a history with vehicle emissions.
So it's hardly surprising they've held off the Golf FL and gone for an electric car for Paris which will postpone or deflect emissions questions leading up to LA, and then launch VW's bread and butter model with a huge fanfare on home ground just before it goes into production. Obviously the launch just might have one or two things to show how VW is taking low or zero emissions very seriously. I doubt Greenpeace will be invited to the unveiling though.
Americans are not big fans of hatchbacks. I wonder which VW model sells best in their market?

The Jetta has been the most popular model for some while.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #153 on: 01 October 2016, 20:47 »
From my experiences you see a lot of Jettas, Passat CC's and latterly Tiguans over there.
Oh, and older New Beetles, rarely a new Beetle.
Pretty limited experiences mind you.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #154 on: 04 October 2016, 22:27 »
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/10/volkswagen-golf-r-facelift-smiles-on-camera-for-spy-photographers.html

"Volkswagen Golf R Facelift Smiles on Camera for Spy Photographers"

"The facelift will apply to all Golf models in the lineup but expect the R to have a more aggressive design. We should see the facelifted Golf in its entirety this fall."

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #155 on: 04 October 2016, 22:39 »
MKII had a significant facelift in 89 to the "big bumper" model.  I preferred my original at the time and still do.  Facelifts aren't always better.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #156 on: 05 October 2016, 07:43 »
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2017-golf-r-variant-facelift-makes-nurburgring-debut-in-camouflage-111847.html

"According to our information, the Golf facelift may be revealed at the Los Angeles Auto Show. However, that doesn't have to include the GTI and R versions. Those could be saved for a later occasion, especially if they receive power increases."

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #157 on: 05 October 2016, 13:46 »
MKII had a significant facelift in 89 to the "big bumper" model.  I preferred my original at the time and still do.  Facelifts aren't always better.

Funny how we see things differently. I remember thinking how dated the Mk2 GTI looked pre-facelift, compared to it's full bumpered rivals like the RS Turbo and Astra GTE.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #158 on: 05 October 2016, 15:42 »

Funny how we see things differently. I remember thinking how dated the Mk2 GTI looked pre-facelift, compared to it's full bumpered rivals like the RS Turbo and Astra GTE.
Im also a lover of the big bumpers, ive had both and I think it makes the mk2.
Dont know how ill feel about the mk7 facelift though

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #159 on: 06 October 2016, 22:38 »
As the facelift is likely to get an electronic dash I'd buy the current one as I suspect it won't be long before we have to spend extra to get "heritage dials" rather than electronic ones which will inevitably date quicker.
Sales Manager - Inchcape Volkswagen Swindon

VW Golf GTI Clubsport S - GO15 CSS