Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302284 times)

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #131 on: 14 September 2016, 16:19 »
All the face lifts in the world won't sort that giant rear overhang out I'm afraid :sad:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline wesbar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #132 on: 14 September 2016, 19:24 »
looks like a very minor facelift.
Mk7 Golf GTI, DSG, CSG, Performance Pack, Santiago's, App Connect, Park Assist, 90% Tints

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #133 on: 14 September 2016, 19:27 »
looks like a very minor facelift.

Thats generally what a facelift is - minor. Look at the new FL A3/S3, slightly new different lights, bumpers, same wheels, not many people would probably even notice the difference.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #134 on: 14 September 2016, 19:31 »
Exactly. Few people will notice any difference aside from members on here and other enthusiasts. I mean, from my own point of view, I don't pay much attention to BMW's, for example, so if I were 3-series shopping in the morning I wouldn't be sure which model is "the facelift".
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #135 on: 14 September 2016, 21:47 »
I hope it's not the Frankfurt motor show as we are going to Paris for the motor show LoL.
It appears I am wrong. I did not realise that the Frankfurt and Paris shows are year about. This year, Paris will be showing passenger vehicles. I'll look forward to seeing some of your photos ;)
« Last Edit: 14 September 2016, 22:29 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #136 on: 14 September 2016, 22:08 »
Exactly. Few people will notice any difference aside from members on here and other enthusiasts. I mean, from my own point of view, I don't pay much attention to BMW's, for example, so if I were 3-series shopping in the morning I wouldn't be sure which model is "the facelift".
+1

Facelifts are subtle. As you say - only enthusiasts would know the difference. Especially with cars like BMW, Audi and Mercedes. Even completely new models of those cars look similar to the old models. For example: the Audi A3 with standard lights looks like the old A3. Though, since the A3 facelift, I think Xenons are now standard across the range?

Oh... I wonder will Xenons with LED daylight running lights, be standard fit on all new Golfs? I doubt it, but...
« Last Edit: 14 September 2016, 22:28 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #137 on: 14 September 2016, 22:35 »
I hope it's not the Frankfurt motor show as we are going to Paris for the motor show LoL.
It appears I am wrong. I did not realise that the Frankfurt and Paris shows are year about. This year, Paris will be showing passenger vehicles. I'll look forward to seeing some of your photos ;)

Looks like you were spot on with your predictions.
We are going over on the 3rd of October so hopefully get plenty of pictures.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #138 on: 20 September 2016, 14:30 »
Looks like this might be based on fact:

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf-vii-facelift-2016-5-tuerer-variant-gti-infos-preis-5519781.html

Optional digital dash, optional gesture control, optional LED lights...

There are some photos on that page of the new exterior... gone are the round tailpipes and in are the trendy funny shaped vent holes
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline wesbar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #139 on: 20 September 2016, 15:51 »
GTI has lower spoiler styling cues from the Clubsport. Other than that and the lights, not seeing any other exterior changes for the GTI?
Mk7 Golf GTI, DSG, CSG, Performance Pack, Santiago's, App Connect, Park Assist, 90% Tints