Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302269 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #110 on: 24 August 2016, 15:59 »
Isn't 48v electrics part of the much heralded "mild hybrid" models, with a large generator/starter? The higher voltage works more efficiently. VW will use these "leaks" to gauge public reaction and magazines use them to sell copy. Other than that, no solid facts!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #111 on: 24 August 2016, 19:14 »
More importantly ( for me anyway! ) will there be a GTD Bi-Turbo 4x4 Estate..!!!  :cool:

Although even if there is VW Ireland will never 'offer' it in a million years.. :sad:

Probably best to start lowering my expectations....?  :sad:
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #112 on: 25 August 2016, 10:36 »
Isn't 48v electrics part of the much heralded "mild hybrid" models, with a large generator/starter? The higher voltage works more efficiently. VW will use these "leaks" to gauge public reaction and magazines use them to sell copy. Other than that, no solid facts!

My German friend claims (no sources other than German forums) that something exciting will be launched to push emission-gate off the front page and to claim that VW is the leader once more. I think it will just be a single halo model.

Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #113 on: 28 August 2016, 11:14 »
I don't think we'll see any 'real' images of the Mk8 (or Mk7 facelift) until the Frankfurt Motor Show (22 Sept).
It surprises me that there is so little information on the new Golf. I think VW will break with tradition and it will be a facelift (FL).

I do like the little improvements they have made to sharpen up the style of the FL A3.

From the FL A3 - there are a couple of things we will probably see in the FL Golf. They are introducing a DSG 7 speed wet clutch to some of the A3 range. It appears to improve both performance and economy. The swing down tow bar is available on all but the S3. There is a new 1.8 petrol engine which may appear in a Golf GT.

Audi have also given the FL S3 a 10hp boost. So it will probably also happen in the GTI and the R.

There was no change in the FL A3 diesel engine power, which remains at 184ps. The diesel didn't get the new 7 speed clutch either. Would they do the same thing to the GTD?

There appears to be a lot more kit as standard in the FL A3. It will be interesting to see what is included as standard in the new Golfs. Could the GTI get adjustable suspension and performance pack as standard? I doubt it, as they will want to keep the price of the car down, but... ???

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #114 on: 28 August 2016, 11:49 »
Going by lead times for factory builds even if the MK8 or a facelift did come out as soon as November which I doubt, then it will be almost half a year before you see the car in the flesh... I suspect we will not see order books opening in the UK until sometime next year for the facelift or MK8.
It is all educated guessing at the moment.

My guess is this...

Car announced Frankfurt motor show, end of September.

Immediately available to order in Europe. Delivery times, 3 months for standard low spec models, up to 6 months for performance high spec models. First cars appearing in Europe in January.

UK order books open January, with similar delivery times.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #115 on: 28 August 2016, 12:02 »
More importantly ( for me anyway! ) will there be a GTD Bi-Turbo 4x4 Estate..!!!  :cool:

Probably best to start lowering my expectations....?  :sad:
No sign of that in the facelift Audi A3. So I really doubt it will appear in the Golf yet. If you really want that engine you'll have to opt for a different model.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #116 on: 30 August 2016, 22:13 »
My guess is this...

Car announced Frankfurt motor show, end of September.

Immediately available to order in Europe. Delivery times, 3 months for standard low spec models, up to 6 months for performance high spec models. First cars appearing in Europe in January.

UK order books open January, with similar delivery times.

I was speaking to a couple of different dealers today and they reckoned exactly what you have said above so good shout.  :grin:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #117 on: 31 August 2016, 20:19 »
I was speaking to a couple of different dealers today and they reckoned exactly what you have said above so good shout.  :grin:
Maybe they read this forum :smiley:

mjh_056

« Reply #118 on: 07 September 2016, 15:04 »
Are the MY17 Golf getting the new DSG 7 speed boxes that the Audi have moved to? Do not remember seeing this anywhere? Not that overly bothered as doubt notice the difference!

But aside from an extra gear, what is the difference, the uplift?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #119 on: 07 September 2016, 22:07 »
Mpgs will be better by about 4 to 5 and I'm sure the 7 speed dsg is lighter than the 6 speed. I think it's also got a higher in limit.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2016, 15:05 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.