Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302330 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #60 on: 28 May 2016, 18:03 »
Auto Express - 11 May 2016

"Although the Mk7 will get a mild facelift this year, the new car – due in 2018 – will build on this."

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/89538/new-vw-golf-mk8-to-be-lighter-greener-and-more-practical

So a facelift this year and a MK8 in 2 years? How does that fit with the normal cycle?

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

mjh_056

« Reply #61 on: 29 May 2016, 17:07 »
Auto Express - 11 May 2016

"Although the Mk7 will get a mild facelift this year, the new car – due in 2018 – will build on this."

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/89538/new-vw-golf-mk8-to-be-lighter-greener-and-more-practical

So a facelift this year and a MK8 in 2 years? How does that fit with the normal cycle?

That cycle works quite well for me because as my R comes up to its 3 years the next wave of R should be coming of production line.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #62 on: 29 May 2016, 18:59 »
PP option is still on the UK configurator, along with the Clubsport, which is a separate model.
I can't see it on configurator any more...it says pick engine but only 220 there, unless I'm being stupid.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #63 on: 29 May 2016, 19:09 »
If you are referring to Performance pack it has never been an engine option on the configurator.  It is an option near the end of the configurator on the same page where you select sat nav, DCC and other similar options.  I have just checked and it still there for about £935 extra as an option waiting for you to select it.  :smiley:

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #64 on: 29 May 2016, 21:59 »
If you are referring to Performance pack it has never been an engine option on the configurator.  It is an option near the end of the configurator on the same page where you select sat nav, DCC and other similar options.  I have just checked and it still there for about £935 extra as an option waiting for you to select it.  :smiley:
Thanks Brenbo, think I was still in shock at the price of the Clubsport I'd configured.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2016, 22:10 by Pixwix »

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #65 on: 30 May 2016, 21:16 »
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=de&u=http://www.autozeitung.de/auto-neuheiten/vw-golf-7-facelift-2016-preise-technische-daten&usg=ALkJrhizm3_wMKLsZ0-Pk7AntPYr1U1NLw

From the google translation, "The car industry is unanimous: Expected 2016 is VW , the Golf -7 facelift before."

What I believe is going to happen is a Golf facelift at the end of this year. As it is only a facelift then all models should be available in the UK early 2017 and waiting times should be reasonable depending on spec.

From what I have read - I also believe, the Mk8 will be announced at the end of 2018 and be available in the UK at the beginning of 2019. With performance models available after 6 months with long waiting lists. All ready for the new EU emission regulations in 2020.

Properly built Mk8's available early 2021?  :evil:

« Last Edit: 30 May 2016, 21:18 by Daz Auto »

Running Man

« Reply #66 on: 31 May 2016, 17:41 »
I doubt there will be any noticeable changes to the mk7 despite this media announced 'facelift'

I'm sure the new mk8 still on the MQB platform will launch end of 2017/start of 2018 with the GTI in Autumn 2018 followed by the R in early 2019.

Just my one €euro's worth  :smiley:

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 31 May 2016, 23:54 »
I doubt there will be any noticeable changes to the mk7 despite this media announced 'facelift'

I'm sure the new mk8 still on the MQB platform will launch end of 2017/start of 2018 with the GTI in Autumn 2018 followed by the R in early 2019.

Just my one €euro's worth  :smiley:
You do know there has been an Audi A3 facelift? There is also going to be a Seat Leon facelift - have a google. These cars were all launched around the same time. Though the A3 facelift is very subtle. But then again the new A3 doesn't look much different from the old A3.

I'm expecting more from VW, especially on the performance models. I think they look too similar to the standard Golfs.

If it's just going to be for 1 year - then why bother with a facelift on all these cars?

Offline Bullfinch

• Not said much yet
« Reply #68 on: 02 June 2016, 23:32 »
I'm expecting more from VW, especially on the performance models. I think they look too similar to the standard Golfs.

I guess you never owned a Mk4 Golf GTi - now that really didn't look any different to a standard Golf.  Mk7 GTi looks very different to a standard Golf with its honeycomb grille, and LED lights front and rear.
Daily: Mk7.5 GTi PP DSG, Weekend: 911 997 Gen 2 Carrera 4S

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 05 June 2016, 16:41 »

You do know there has been an Audi A3 facelift?

It needs a new design from wheels up, it is the most blandest looking car I have seen and even the salesman when I test drove one said he wished they would update the looks. They even made more of an effort on the TT facelift, all-be-it they gave up after the "B"pillar and it looks the same from the back. :grin: