Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302330 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #40 on: 17 April 2016, 21:08 »
Is it just me wondering if the mk 7 facelift and the mk 8 are one and the same car?!
I believe it's a MK7 facelift as I doubt VW will change the MQB platform so soon given VW's financial situation.
MK8 should come in 3-4 years as a guess.

Depends where VW go with it.
The mk6 was a mk5 facelift where as the same generation A3 and Leon just got facelifts.
The MQB A3 is getting a facelift so the Golf could go either way, it might get a mild facelift soonish or they may do a major facelift in a couple years and call it a MK8.
The platform is adaptable enough.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #41 on: 17 April 2016, 21:24 »
... mild facelift soonish ...
That's what I am hearing ;)

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 17 April 2016, 21:25 »
Is it just me wondering if the mk 7 facelift and the mk 8 are one and the same car?!
I believe it's a MK7 facelift as I doubt VW will change the MQB platform so soon given VW's financial situation.
MK8 should come in 3-4 years as a guess.

Depends where VW go with it.
The mk6 was a mk5 facelift where as the same generation A3 and Leon just got facelifts.
The MQB A3 is getting a facelift so the Golf could go either way, it might get a mild facelift soonish or they may do a major facelift in a couple years and call it a MK8.
The platform is adaptable enough.

Exactly what I was thinking. The whole point of a facelift is it doesn't require new underpinnings.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #43 on: 17 April 2016, 23:27 »
Exactly what I was thinking. The whole point of a facelift is it doesn't require new underpinnings.
The Mk5 and Mk6 both shared the PQ35 chassis and many of the same engines. No doubt the next Golf will have an MBQ chassis with basically the same engine choices.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 18 April 2016, 06:38 »
Mqb chassis will be here indefinitely so mk8,9,10 will be on this platform. It's why vw developed it.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #45 on: 19 April 2016, 13:59 »
LOL, I've just said similar on another thread.

I'm not sure MQB is imagined to last as long as you say though, but I'd guess its good for at least another 5 years.

I'd expect to see some newer engines for MQB first and the whole 100% electric/hybrid/fuel cell tech will be the driving factor....especially if you read my post about the Dutch making petrol power illegal in the near future!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 23 April 2016, 12:57 »
Not liking the squinty headlights at all if that is the direction they are going....

Offline GazM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #47 on: 11 May 2016, 22:43 »
Was told by my local Dealer in Ireland today that I can't order a standard or performance GTI for July delivery (new reg plate comes in at end of June) as production of current GTI is ceasing in four weeks - the guy is normally reliable - he can't see details beyond that. Introduction of a facelift possibly?? Believe something similar happened recently with the A3

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 11 May 2016, 23:10 »
Was told by my local Dealer in Ireland today that I can't order a standard or performance GTI for July delivery (new reg plate comes in at end of June) as production of current GTI is ceasing in four weeks - the guy is normally reliable - he can't see details beyond that. Introduction of a facelift possibly?? Believe something similar happened recently with the A3

I have my doubts... Not that I'm doubting your salesman  :wink:

He's probably talking about week 22. Every year on week 22, VW make little tweaks and alterations. It totally screwed up the build week of my R last year... my build was pushed out to post week 22....

Your dealer probably means he can't put a factory order through for the current "MY16" Golf... the changes for week 22 this year though are very very minor I believe.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline GazM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #49 on: 11 May 2016, 23:33 »
I suspect you are probably correct Joe ... Will check with a different dealer