Author Topic: Si's reflex mk4 DERV - Nearly ripped my door off...  (Read 11629 times)

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: Si's reflex mk4 DERV - New rear end
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2013, 17:22 »

Really pleased with how it looks  :smiley: Really tops it off IMO. Just a bit of a faff getting it all wired up with the bora CCM. The boot only opens when pressing the lock button on the fob, it acts like a boot pop. Waiting on some info from the seller to get it all sorted.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: Si's reflex mk4 DERV - New rear end
« Reply #11 on: 10 June 2013, 20:52 »
Finally got my car all sorted! Have been driving around trim less in the boot and the under the steering wheel, but it is all back on and working now.

I took a trip up to see Ray, aka aRd (He is on ukmkivs & edition, really helpful, top bloke.) he was the guy who wired up the tail gate I purchased as I was having trouble with it, just couldn't get it working after hours and hours of multi metering!

Turned out to be something wrong with the CCM & a wiring fault - which I couldn't have diagnosed or fixed my self, so it was a worthy trip; Ray also sorted my door, I was having to really really pull hard on the handle, only then would it open. The issue was the cable needed shortening which again I didn't know...

So now I have a full functioning mk5 tail gate  :cool: Very pleased with it.

Alsoooooooo, I did a little bargaining and got brother rates on some S3 recaros, and managed to get these in this evening! Didn't realise removing/fitting seats was going to be so easy  :nerd: - Note I said fitting and not wiring in, the base of the seats are a mess and I have my research to for wiring in the air bags  :lipsrsealed:

If anyone has any good links about the seats please share  :whistle:

I also got some bora vents with the deal, which I'll probs do on Sunday. They came with the both the male and female connections so I can wire it in nice and neatly. :smiley:

While driving the other day my oil check light came on, so I must investigate this, just need to pinch my mates laptop for VAGCOM.

I have been driving around for ages with my brake pad check light on as the connector came off the pads, I found an old plastic connector (the mystery one in the standard tailgate that wasn't connected to anything) so I am going to plug this is an wire it up so the light disappears  :rolleyes:

I have enough bits and bobs to be getting on with, but won't be going crazy as my Mrs is leaving for a year in NZL in 3 weeks  :cry: So most of my spare time is spent on the other love of my life...Once she is gone I'll give the dub some much needed TLC in the form of a detail!

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: Si's reflex mk4 DERV - Tail gate working & new seats
« Reply #12 on: 04 July 2013, 17:56 »
Car all clean, after a long few weeks of fly splatting.

I had an early stack from work, so decided to go fetch some oil and give it a oil and fuel filter change...

All went well until I was driving off the ramp and nearly ripped my f**king door off.  :angry: :cry: :embarrassed:

I was reversing off, and stopped to get out and check I was still in line etc, in a rush I left the door open and hand brake off!  :embarrassed: The car then rolled backwards towards the rear post of the 4 poster ramp! Luckily someone saw it and ran up to try and stop it while I dived in for the hand brake!

A slight kink in the door, and a small scratch on the inside, luckily no other damage. So disappointed with myself, a real rookie error.

I won't be replacing it as I can live with it, it will get replaced as and when funds allow. First I am going to be spending quite a lot on her in the next few months.

All from dark side development:
- uprated clutch and new DMF - darkside to fit this
- S3 IC modified to fit mk4 - Fit my self
- darkside hard IC pipe work kit - Fit my self

MAYBE - LSD & cam replacement kit.

I intend on getting the darkside 'budget' turbo upgrade as and when so thinking I may get the LSD while the gear box is being tinkered with...

Any opinions?

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Si's reflex mk4 DERV - Nearly ripped my door off...
« Reply #13 on: 04 July 2013, 18:25 »
Opinions? Going to darkside will mean you're constantly going to want more power  :grin:

They're a good bunch of guys that really know they're stuff and know how to get serious power! They're making me custom intercooler pipework for mine in a couple of weeks :afro:

What you have planned sounds good, shame about the door!