Author Topic: Mk4 Tdi Wagon  (Read 35736 times)

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Mk4 Tdi Wagon
« on: 23 February 2012, 00:34 »
Been on the hunt for a wagon now for a month and was looking at Passats and mk4s but just couldnt find one that ticked my boxes.Anyway ive finally found a decent example with a few extras and im pretty pleased with my purchase.The details are as follows

100bhp Tdi-s Pd engine
Remapped to im told about 130bhp and I can tell as ive still got my Gt-tdi which is 115 and my wagon pulls away from it.
Lowered on springs not to sure height wise but its just right for daily driving
Full stainless steel Powerflow exhaust from the CAT
Some nice air intakes on the front bumper nicer than the standard items
As its the S its also has cruse control which I only discovered after already driving 150miles back home lol
18" BBS CH alloys I belive there genuine as they have on the outer of the rim CH003 not sure if anyone can confirm this for me thxs.

Future plans
Space the wheels out on the rear try and get abit more stance
Full Leather
Anni front splitter
De-badge it on the rear
Black grill and badge
Refurb the alloys a darker colour I think
Change the faces on my clocks to Anni style like my current Gt-tdi has
Fit my HID kit
US style side repeaters on the bumper

Im sure there will be other stuff along the way and ive got the bug for this one now to try and make it look better see how it goes.Few pictures from the advert but ill get some better shots up tomorrow thanks for looking..

« Last Edit: 23 February 2012, 00:38 by 16v_blu »
Golf Gti

Offline trog_nfs

• I live here
Re: Mk4 Tdi Wagon
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2012, 11:20 »
I like that. Always had a soft-spot for estates and wagons.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2012, 11:41 »
Looks good that bud.

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2012, 11:45 »
looks sweet  :cool:

my ch,s were reps and also had the ch003 stamped on

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2012, 13:37 »
That looks spot on :afro:

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2012, 23:24 »
EDIT.... mine were stamped CH001

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #6 on: 24 February 2012, 09:57 »
Looks nice that... How about a Bora front on it?......

HID Kit?.... nah.

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #7 on: 24 February 2012, 12:31 »
I belive you can buy them in the states with the Bora front end and they do look really nice but I like the front on it as it is so ill just leave it up front.Never had a problem with my HIDS I only use 6k which isnt the bright compared with some ive seen and I make sure my lights are the correct level unlike some cars ive seen where the light level is way to high causing fellow drivers to be blinded thats not how I roll each to there own on that one.I did manage to get a few jobs done yesterday swapped the 6 disk cd player over out the Gt,fitted my Parrot,fitted mk5 Golf rear wiper,Vortex front splitter and HIDs in.Ive now got a new problem my back drivers door has decided it dont want to open Im not sure why but also my front drivers door the interior light dont come on when I open the door and Ive been told this is due to the micro switch in the door lock its self so im working on getting that sorted.The cars steering wheel is a little off centre and its just had a new clutch and flywheel friend thinks it could just need adjusting at the ball joint and re tracking up if they have had the gearbox off so ill get that looked at saturday all being well.Im still undecided on the wheels as they seem pretty common on these wagons yet I havent seen a wagon on RS6s so not sure if to swap them what do you guys think BBS or RS6?
« Last Edit: 24 February 2012, 12:33 by 16v_blu »
Golf Gti

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #8 on: 25 February 2012, 19:59 »
Managed to get a few jobs sorted today when the car had its MOT a few weeks back it had an advisory on one of the track rod ends so I got 2 new ones had them both changed guy checked the wheel alignment and adjusted the tracking drives staright now.Had a look underneath all good no nasty surprises and it turns out its got JOM shocks all round not sure what the springs are im guessing JOM to.Pickesd up 2 new door locks for the drivers rear door and drivers door guy removed them off a 2003 Golf so ill get them fitted next week.Found out what the strange creaking sound in my door turns out the door hinges needed abit of WD40 on them and alls good now nice easy fix.Fitted some 5mm spacers on the rear dont look to bad as I think if I put some 10mm on might start to catch on the arch and I cant be having that.Also had my clock faces changed there like R32 style just need to get some silver rings now to finish them off.Still got to remove the rear badges and a few other little jobs but slowly getting through it few piccys.

Golf Gti

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #9 on: 26 February 2012, 11:35 »
That front splitter needs to be colour coded really. The RS6's would look wicked on the wagon :cool: