Author Topic: Mk4 Golf Match Project  (Read 15643 times)

Offline iansabf

• GTI forum regular
Re: Golf Match Project- Cheap Daily
« Reply #10 on: 03 August 2011, 21:50 »
I would leave the wheels black and just change the colours of the centers.
Well i need to do something, they will just be Dans wheels until i change them
looks sweet mate i went in dans car when they were on it  :grin: :grin:
Never got to see it, only on ukmkivs. Think its safe to say theyre having an easier life now!

Offline iansabf

• GTI forum regular
Re: Golf Match Project- Cheap Daily
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2011, 19:11 »
 :smiley: Found a place to refurb my wheels! I'm being held back which is my own silly fault- sold my old wheels! :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a redundant but legal set of wheels & tyres kicking around in their garage? Ideally to loan but if not to sell? Just need something temp so can be anything really but cheap & cheerful prefered. Offers and donations welcome!

Offline iansabf

• GTI forum regular
Re: Mk4 Golf Match Project
« Reply #12 on: 26 November 2011, 16:10 »
Haven't touched the wheels only with a sponge  :rolleyes: Might not bother having them resprayed. Don't think its worth it unless they're done properly by aeromax or similar and i'm far too tight for anything like that! lol. Still fancy changing the colour of the caps, probably just to black or maybe anthracite? Any ideas?

So what have i done? Not much! Bought an expensive puppy so she has taken most of my time and money. She kindly dug me a hole whie i washed my car  :smiley:

Carbon wrapped my front badge

Painted the back part of the rear badge and wrapped the vw part (like doms) altough i think i might redo it the opposite way round- so wrapped behind and painted vw.

Fitted some uprated door speakers. Forgot to take any photos of them before i fitted :rolleyes: they're these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zero-ZX6-2-Way-Co-Axial-Speakers/dp/B001L6AHZU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1322321621&sr=8-7 Not convinced they are vibe as i couldn't see it anywhere on the box or the speakers themselves but they sound pretty good, i'd recommend them for the money.

Bought this HU but have had it taken off me for a xmas pressie http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-KDC-BT61U-Bluetooth-CD-Receiver-Control/dp/B004JHY2Y0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322321723&sr=1-1

So have fitted this old one for now. Usb wire in place ready for new HU  :smiley:

Painted the brake calipers red.

Given it a wash and thats about it.

Next i quite fancy fitting a sub into the side of the boot/wheel arch so gonna research how to do that next. Anyone want to advise me the best kind of amp to suite my needs? Want to run a sub obviously but would like to amp the 4x door speakers also. Would it be best to buy 2 amps or can i do it with one? I'm a complete amateur with ice

So next on my list of things to do:
Sub & amp
Paint centre caps
reverse the rear badge
cruise control
boot spoiler
v6 front valance
looking for a v6 style rear valance without the cutout? Anyone seen one of these? think the late v5s and tdi150s had them or it might be just be the models wth parking sensors?
« Last Edit: 26 November 2011, 16:16 by iansabf »

Offline iansabf

• GTI forum regular
Re: Mk4 Golf Match Project
« Reply #13 on: 27 April 2013, 19:45 »
Its been about a year and half since ive updated this!  :grin: Well ive moved house and fixing that up has become a bigger priority. Very little has changed since my last post. Did toy with the idea of selling and buying something newer with a bit less mileage. Can't bring myself to do it as the golf has been absolutley faultless, think i recall it having a number plate bulb for it mot! Also theres not alot you can get for the value my golf plus about £2k, seem to pay quite a premium for mk5s in terms of age and mileage in comparison to the mk4.

Got to take a passenger seat drive in this at work  :smiley:

Took the RCs off as tried to sell them with little success! I really like the monty 1s so picked a cheap set up from stafford. They stayed on for about 6 months but the missus said theyre too scruffy haha

Kenwood HU

Sub build never happened but i bought this as a make-do for now

Can't remember when i put this in but used an extra heated rear windscreen button for the remote switchwire for the sub so radio djs voices dont sound so daft and bassy  :smiley:

Gave it a quick wash and this is what its looking like

Rcs are now in the classifieds http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=252942.0

And thats about it! I've got some monty 2s to go on if the RC's ever sell :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 27 April 2013, 19:48 by iansabf »