Author Topic: VW Car insurance  (Read 11733 times)

Offline GTI-Newbie

• Not said much yet
VW Car insurance
« on: 13 September 2013, 22:10 »
Has anyone taken out full comprehensive car insurance from VW? What could they provide that is better than any other insurance company?
Current: Deep Black Mk7 GTI with Sat Nav and winter pack

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: VW Car insurance
« Reply #1 on: 13 September 2013, 22:16 »
Has anyone taken out full comprehensive car insurance from VW? What could they provide that is better than any other insurance company?

What do you mean? They are not going to provide anything over and above normal insurance. If anything they will probably be more expensive.

Or are you perhaps talking about the 7 day cover?

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2013, 22:17 »
Good insurance package, Zurich I think.

Very, very expensive though. Direct line were almost half the price with a very similar package. (New for old for the 1st 12 months was important to me)
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline GTI-Newbie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2013, 22:20 »

What do you mean? They are not going to provide anything over and above normal insurance. If anything they will probably be more expensive.

Am not talking about the 7 day I mean the full 12 month insurance. I have a mate who bought a Jag and he got his insurance through Jag and got himself a few perks hence I wanted to know if VW do something similar.

Offline GTI-Newbie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2013, 22:21 »
Good insurance package, Zurich I think.

Very, very expensive though. Direct line were almost half the price with a very similar package. (New for old for the 1st 12 months was important to me)
I thought it might be.....cheers!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2013, 22:22 »

Am not talking about the 7 day I mean the full 12 month insurance. I have a mate who bought a Jag and he got his insurance through Jag and got himself a few perks hence I wanted to know if VW do something similar.

I very much doubt it. What perks did your mate get?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2013, 22:29 »
VW insurance is Allianz. I was quoted £742 and my best quote on the comparison sites is £274 with Esure.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline GTI-Newbie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2013, 22:31 »

He got guaranteed all genuine Jag parts with any repairs and a Jag courtesy car when car is being repaired.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 13 September 2013, 22:45 »

He got guaranteed all genuine Jag parts with any repairs and a Jag courtesy car when car is being repaired.

That's not really major perks. I would fully expect genuine VW parts regardless of which insurer I went through. As for a courtesy car well that's only to get you from A to B for a few days so no big deal

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 13 September 2013, 22:46 »

You would get all genuine VW parts when your car is clattered if you insisted upon it, it's pretty much a given when a car is under warranty and you can insist on on it even out of warranty. If you were getting the car repaired by a VW dealer's repair shop you'd get a VW courtesy car too (probably an UP! or a low spec Polo) - Jag don't do little cheap cars so I suppose you're always guaranteed a good courtesy car.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.