Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287483 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3360 on: 12 May 2012, 20:40 »
By stopping early in the inlap they save themselves that amount for the race. I know it's not a lot but in F1 half a lap of engine with full power available can be the difference between 1st and 2nd.

erm, they run alll 3 sessions empty

then fill it to the max for race days now

do they not

hence why he didnt have enough left for the inlap and testing

I thought they ran Q1 with the fuel and tyres they use on race day?

No that was the rules before they banned refuelling. thought you were a diehard F1 fan.... :tongue:

:laugh:

i was right then  :smug:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #3361 on: 12 May 2012, 20:46 »
By stopping early in the inlap they save themselves that amount for the race. I know it's not a lot but in F1 half a lap of engine with full power available can be the difference between 1st and 2nd.

erm, they run alll 3 sessions empty

then fill it to the max for race days now

do they not

hence why he didnt have enough left for the inlap and testing

I thought they ran Q1 with the fuel and tyres they use on race day?

You mean Q3? Top ten have to run the tyres they qualify on... Fuel load is just for Quali and has no bearing on race day fuel
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3362 on: 12 May 2012, 21:03 »
oooooooooo all along I thought it was fuel AND tyres.

Chuff 1

Me 0

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #3363 on: 12 May 2012, 21:05 »
oooooooooo all along I thought it was fuel AND tyres.

Chuff 1

Me 0

Did the laptimes not give it away!!!
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3364 on: 12 May 2012, 21:06 »
Never noticed tbh  :grin:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3365 on: 12 May 2012, 21:17 »
Never noticed tbh  :grin:

Rookie error  :grin:

Really looking forward to the start tomorrow. I predict Alonso FTW. Ferrari haven't put too many feet wrong recently.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3366 on: 12 May 2012, 21:23 »
Really really feel for Hami, WTF are McLaren playing at... :angry:

Jenson needs to quit his whining, everytime it's not going his way...."Oh the under steer" theres loads of under steer....bored now!

Hami's got the same car for goodness sake and he seems to get the best out of it! Just shows you the true differences in quality between to two drivers...

this seems to be jb answer everythime when some thing doesnt go his way i notice fp2 when he was on top he wasnt moaning

Disagree, I think JB just wants a decent car.. Lewis drives in a totally different way to Jenson.. You heard him complain of over and under steer..

Chuff, totally agree with you about the fuelling aspect too.. I don't know what they were thinking...

JB has a decent car, he's driving the same machine as LH is he not? :undecided:

My point was...that there driving the same car so why can one driver make it work and another get it so wrong..

Same argument cud be made at Ferrari....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3367 on: 12 May 2012, 21:38 »

Jenson needs to quit his whining, everytime it's not going his way...."Oh the under steer" theres loads of under steer....bored now!

Hami's got the same car for goodness sake and he seems to get the best out of it! Just shows you the true differences in quality between to two drivers...

this seems to be jb answer everythime when some thing doesnt go his way i notice fp2 when he was on top he wasnt moaning

Disagree, I think JB just wants a decent car.. Lewis drives in a totally different way to Jenson.. You heard him complain of over and under steer..

Chuff, totally agree with you about the fuelling aspect too.. I don't know what they were thinking...

My point was...that there driving the same car so why can one driver make it work and another get it so wrong..

Driving style. JB and LH have opposite types of driving styles, and it seems this year's McLaren suits LH's style best.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2012, 21:47 by Khare »

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3368 on: 12 May 2012, 21:40 »
shame for lewis to get put at the back but it's great to see a williams on pole!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3369 on: 12 May 2012, 23:52 »

Driving style. JB and LH have opposite types of driving styles, and it seems this year's McLaren suits LH's style best.

Yep agreed it is driving style, JB shud be able to adapt to what's being put in front of him just like other drivers do, yet all we hear is excuses...I know things take time but with all the testing ect he shud be coming good by now yet he whines on and on....if others can do it why can't he!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather