Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287488 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1921 on: 10 December 2010, 13:22 »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9275796.stm

Massive diapointment. I'm going to end up giving up on F1 and just start watching GP2 and F3 because there going to end up faster!

I think this Lotus-Renault partnership is actually discraseful. After reading up on it all this is about to Lotus is Sponsorship and having there name promoted. The 2010 entry team it going to end up being sold off as it is not a "winning" car, it would surprise me to see the name taken off by the start of the season. The teams funding will more likely be cut as Lotus already has a limited budget for F1 and that will no dought assist Genii who are the co-owners of Lotus-Renault not the current team. Renault dont have any shares in the team anymore so this in its self is a massive disapointment, this team isnt about racing its about a business opportunity now. If Lotus wanted to prove its self as a real racing, motorsport team this is definitiely not the way to do it. Very disapointed.

The big loosers are Trulli and Kovalionen who's F1 careers will no dought be destroyed.

This has annoyed me!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

adamrob69

« Reply #1922 on: 10 December 2010, 18:04 »
I wouldnt worry about it. Everyone was saying how the 09 rules would ruin the racing and did it? Its made it the most entertaining grid iv ever watched!

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1923 on: 10 December 2010, 18:44 »
The rule changes won't make a huge impact on performance they will still produce the same power as todays cars.  As for the Lotus thing I hope both teams survive for the good of formula 1.  The thing that annoys me is the fact they do this to make the cars "greener", yet they continually add more races to the calendar flying all the equipment from country to country.  They should consider cutting the amount of races and focus on quality, some of this years tracks are so dull.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1924 on: 11 December 2010, 16:52 »
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88663

Like the massive hint about JPS still being a product.  This slanging match will rumble on for a while yet.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline daniel-1986

• Here all the time
« Reply #1925 on: 11 December 2010, 17:00 »
if they want to cut costs then the cars the teams unveil before the start of the season shud be wat they use for the whole season and not build a spec B car midway through the season

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1926 on: 13 December 2010, 12:15 »
Team Lotus sticking with this year's colours....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9279469.stm

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1927 on: 13 December 2010, 13:01 »
Team Lotus sticking with this year's colours....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9279469.stm

I'm backing Tony Fernandes 100%!!! Lotus in my eyes are an absolute discrase!!!! They want to prove them selfs as a racing car manufacture so they should have persued that with Team Lotus from last year not simply jumping in where Renault leave off. It wouldnt surprise me to see Renault buying back the Lotus shares in a few years when everyone is over the Pique argument.

I would love to see Team Lotus fighting for position with Lotus-Renult, it would just be the icing on the cake if Team Lotus could finish higher!

The worst team in F1 in my opinion is now Lotus-Renault. Not for the car or the drivers or the Engineers. Simply for the grown ups governing the team

Offline 2001gti4

• Here all the time
« Reply #1928 on: 13 December 2010, 13:52 »
It's not even that, it's the money men who bought them out last year. Remember Gerard Lopez is only in the business to make money and this obviously maximised his profit margin....
My Golf is dead but at least I have this....

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1929 on: 13 December 2010, 15:02 »
It's not even that, it's the money men who bought them out last year. Remember Gerard Lopez is only in the business to make money and this obviously maximised his profit margin....

Who was Gerard Lopez again?