Author Topic: PS4 revealed  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Simeon

• I live here
Re: PS4 revealed
« Reply #10 on: 22 February 2013, 14:18 »
They had the chance to redesign the controller and .... it's still crap :( I'm gonna be buying the new x-box simply because the controller is soooooo much better.

Offline Metallix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 22 February 2013, 15:18 »
It's personal preference.

I prefer the DualShock PS3 controller, you prefer the xbox controller.   :smiley:

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2013, 03:20 »
Used both the Xbox controller is better.. once you get used to it you'll never go back

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #13 on: 23 February 2013, 07:12 »
Gamecube controller is THE best controller

Never been a fan of the PS3; for me the joysticks sit slightly too far away from a natural position for my thumbs

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 23 February 2013, 14:47 »

:laugh:

Never been a fan of the PS3; for me the joysticks sit slightly too far away from a natural position for my thumbs.

Yep, plus they aren't particularly grippy and they are shaped such that your thumb slides off. I find (particularly playing Fifa for some reason) I have to lift my thumb off all the time to reposition back to the middle of the stick. Useless.

Offline golf newbie

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 25 February 2013, 12:50 »

:laugh:

Never been a fan of the PS3; for me the joysticks sit slightly too far away from a natural position for my thumbs.

Yep, plus they aren't particularly grippy and they are shaped such that your thumb slides off. I find (particularly playing Fifa for some reason) I have to lift my thumb off all the time to reposition back to the middle of the stick. Useless.

Read some where Microsoft owned the rights to the concave stick controller,don’t know if that’s true.
But you can get concave sticks off ebay for a couple of quid if it bothers you.

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 26 February 2013, 00:26 »
I use rubber caps to go over the analogue sticks. You can get two sets in a pack. I prefer the ones with raised bumps for more grip.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #17 on: 21 April 2013, 03:12 »
Having a PS3 and Xbox 360, I hated the xbox controller but once you get used to it you never want to go back, now when I pick up a ps3 controller I feel the urge to snap it.

The problem with the ps3 is lack of good games, look how long GT5 too to come out, by that time forza had got so sophisticated and the physics of forza keep growing and so does the tuning. Then the the lack of good games on ps3, hardly much choice or much going for it, then I am still Pi$$ed at sony not making the ps3 backwards compatible due to costs, considering how good the ps2 was and all the good releases it had. I still have my PS2 which is tuned with a network card, a hard drive (able to even play games of the HD) and able to throw some of its last games out onto my sony tv at 1080 and 720p, which is impressive for a console that was somewhat short lived as sony was eager to throw the ps3 down your throats. But this is common with most consoles of that age, they created so much capacity and upgrades for the future and just never followed through.

So all in all I very much doubt I will get a PS4, I'll more than likely stay with MS, hopefully we will see better hardware in terms of disc capacity of the next xbox as that's the only thing the current model lacks as I hate swapping discs over, even if final fantasy does feel more genuine with disc swaps  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/