Author Topic: boot liner gtd 2018 golf  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Wugga

• Not said much yet
boot liner gtd 2018 golf
« on: 06 January 2023, 20:05 »
Happy new year all !

Anyone had an issue with the boot liner in the higher position ?  i had mine in the upper/high position and put some items (from an xmas food n drink shop ) in the middle then drove home, when i was emptying the boot i noticed that the liner had started to sag in the middle from the weight of the shopping,  when i emptied it all there was a crease right down the middle of the line like it was gonna snap in two, (great) apparently there's a lower position to put the liner in ?  im thinking of getting a rubber liner for it but everyone i looked at fits in the higher position !!

just wondered what everyone's thoughts are on this issue have you had a similar problem ???

ill add some pics when its daytime

Thanks   
VW BORA TDI 2004 (Black)
VW GOLF GTI 2002 (Black)
VW GOLF GT TDI 2005 (Grey)
VW GOLF GTI 2009 (Silver)
VW GOLF GTD 2018 (Black)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: boot liner gtd 2018 golf
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2023, 20:43 »
Presumably when you refer to the boot liner, you’re referring to the car’s actual variable boot floor that has the two height positions, rather than one of the flexible liners (VW or aftermarket) that can be bought and sits on top of the variable boot floor to keep the boot floor clean and catch liquid spills from items carried.

Boot floor - lower position

Boot floor - lower position

Flexible boot liner that sits on top of the boot floor (in lower position - versions are available for when boot floor is in the upper position)

Most of the flexible boot liners (as opposed to the actual variable boot floor) are manufactured from a very flexible material that would definitely sag if not supported by the variable boot floor from the underside. However, if you had the actual boot floor in the upper position, I suppose it is possible that it might sag or break if particularly heavy items are transported on it.

I suppose the lesson to be learned from your experience is that if heavy items are being carried, to put the variable boot floor in the lower of the two positions so it’s supported by the metal boot floor.

If you’re looking for a liner specifically for when the boot floor’s in the lower position, here’s one;

https://www.bootliners-uk.com/BLBT/volkswagen/golf/1670
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Wugga

• Not said much yet
Re: boot liner gtd 2018 golf
« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2023, 15:36 »
hi thanks for the detailed reply that's exactly what i was on about - mines now in the lower position as per your pictures thank you
VW BORA TDI 2004 (Black)
VW GOLF GTI 2002 (Black)
VW GOLF GT TDI 2005 (Grey)
VW GOLF GTI 2009 (Silver)
VW GOLF GTD 2018 (Black)