Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 119470 times)

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #730 on: 26 July 2023, 07:36 »
They certainly gave me a much better deal than I was able to get locally. Still some minor points to discuss next week.

I got about £1800 off the list price, in addition to the £3k deposit contribution available at the time (£2k from VWFS and £1k from the dealership).

That's a decent deal not so long ago all the dealers were not intrested in any offers whatsoever must be slowing down  fairl bit now sales.

Did you do iquote hru car wow broardspeed etc also?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #731 on: 26 July 2023, 10:23 »
They certainly gave me a much better deal than I was able to get locally. Still some minor points to discuss next week.

I got about £1800 off the list price, in addition to the £3k deposit contribution available at the time (£2k from VWFS and £1k from the dealership).

That's a decent deal not so long ago all the dealers were not intrested in any offers whatsoever must be slowing down  fairl bit now sales.

Did you do iquote hru car wow broardspeed etc also?

It was within £200 of DTD at the time,with no guarantee that the figures quoted there would necessarily be reciprocated for an 'in stock' car.

Travelled to JCT600 Grimsby for mine and they were great.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jonfigo

• Just got here
« Reply #732 on: 29 July 2023, 19:03 »
Fitted some Leyo Motorsport Paddle Extensions.

Oryx White Mk8 GTI,
Pan Roof, Leather, Adelaides.

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #733 on: 29 July 2023, 22:17 »
Fitted some Leyo Motorsport Paddle Extensions.

Were they easy to fit and are they any good?  I think the OEM ones from the R need steering wheel removal which isn’t a good idea given the bugs associated with the steering wheel.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #734 on: 29 July 2023, 22:36 »
I fitted the R paddles to my Mk8. The steering wheel doesn’t need to come off but the airbag does need to come out. The only downside was the airbag warning light came on, even though I had disconnected the battery beforehand. @willni switched it off with VCDS. No other problems caused. The R paddles looked and felt oem. I thought they were a good job.

The R paddles cost circa £150 from Czechia. By the way I think the Leyo paddles look good too. 👍
« Last Edit: 29 July 2023, 23:16 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #735 on: 30 July 2023, 23:56 »
I fitted r paddles as well. Didn’t disconnect the battery and didn’t get an airbag warning light. Just made sure was all fully off and had been for several minutes before I started. Well worth it and would recommend. Check my prior posts for my comments when I did it. Mini inspection / dentists type mirror and descriptions/instructions from this forum got me through.
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #736 on: 31 July 2023, 18:10 »
Today I briefly swapped my mk8 for an MG4 Xpower to see if they’re as quick as the reviews make out.

Yes, it’s as quick as they make out. Bloody hell does it pick up speed rapidly.

It’s like being on a rollercoaster at full chat such are the G forces.

Despite mk8 Golfs not being exactly of VW like quality the interior of the MG is a step below, but if faced between a turgid ID.3 and an Xpower as a company car for example there really is no competition in my mind.
Great fun, and being as you can’t even order a sporty Golf anymore then a short wait for a MG4 Xpower is very compelling.

Oh, and it has an engine cover for the front motor, I checked…
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #737 on: 31 July 2023, 19:08 »
A car I know nothing about so I Googled it. 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, that’s insane😂
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #738 on: 31 July 2023, 19:39 »
The first demo cars are literally just hitting the showrooms, I thought there would have been a stampede of requests for test drives but alas it seems a slow start for them. Maybe nobody wants hot hatches anymore. Not that’s it’s really a hot hatch.

This review is pretty spot on https://youtu.be/f2ikVe8IhPE
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #739 on: 31 July 2023, 20:09 »
The first demo cars are literally just hitting the showrooms, I thought there would have been a stampede of requests for test drives but alas it seems a slow start for them. Maybe nobody wants hot hatches anymore. Not that’s it’s really a hot hatch.

This review is pretty spot on https://youtu.be/f2ikVe8IhPE

Bit of a Curate’s Egg based on that review, worth £36K though.
Is this a repeat of the Japanese invasion of the ‘70’s / early ‘80’s?
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.