Author Topic: Andy's mk4 votex 1.8 Turbo  (Read 22396 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Andy's mk4 1.8 T
« Reply #10 on: 08 February 2011, 18:45 »
Thats looking really good mate, i've been tempted to repray my badges black aswell but just been unsure whether too  :undecided:, i have gone for two colours with mine but its shown more under the bonnet with yellow detailing, and i'm gonna be doing my calipers the same once the weathers a bit nicer  :cool:

If the badges need respraying, do it..... it's pretty easy.  maybe do the badges yellow?  lipsrsealed

Offline andyj775

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 08 February 2011, 19:28 »
i have toyed with the idea of a bit of a colour to go with calipers etc. just being able to do it tastefully! going to be an interesting couple of months  :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #12 on: 08 February 2011, 19:46 »
i have toyed with the idea of a bit of a colour to go with calipers etc. just being able to do it tastefully! going to be an interesting couple of months  :smiley:

Well if you need tips when the time comes just say... if the results go t1ts up then there's plenty of here to laugh at them!   :wink:

Offline Furiokid

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 08 February 2011, 20:38 »
If the badges need respraying, do it..... it's pretty easy.  maybe do the badges yellow?  lipsrsealed

Hmm maybe not a bad idea  :tongue:

Offline andyj775

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 10 February 2011, 22:25 »
after a lot of thinking, im just gonna take the plunge next week and get coilovers, spacers and the bigger looped arb. looking into the arb, it seems some people still have probs with the driveshaft rubbing it. is this because their cars are really low? dont want to splash £100 when theres a better alternative. and don't really want to go for droplinks. sorry for all the questions, just new to all this

andy

Offline andyj775

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 15 February 2011, 14:29 »
bit of a boring update, windows are now tinted. coilovers are ordered. had a nightmare trying to get supersport poly top mounts so settled on 'febi-bilstein' made mounts (called something lke that anyway!) ordered audi TT rear bushes for my wishbones, 10mm hubcentric rear spacers and 5mm fronts. once all arrived will start fitting it. lots of pics to follow, hope things pan out well so i can get my LM's on in march!

Offline andyj775

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 20 February 2011, 16:30 »
well after a hectic week, fitting bits to the golf around my night shifts, im finally seeing some real progress. first up was the tints, done by RCS based in Denbigh. 50% fronts, 35% rears. then i fitted the FK AK coilovers, few minor issues here and there (i should have bought a 21mm deep socket and 7mm allen key before starting!). there was minor catching on the front whilst i had 5mm spacers on, so the day after whilst trying to level up the stance, i put the 10mm spacers on all round. no catching now! i wanted the supersport poly top mounts from venom, but after a quick phone call they said they were out of stock, and also was a waiting list for them  :angry: so settled for the audi tt/r32 topmounts (febi-bilstein made i think!). only done 30 or so miles since fitting so cant really comment on them but no clonks or bangs up to now! all thats left to do for this month is fit new rear wishbone bushes, then go and get the wheels aligned. also paint and fit a sharan rear badge, going back to chrome to break up the all black rear end. 

going to level the stance up in a week or so when all is settled. somehow managed to lose a centre cap somewhere along the line, 3 weeks until getting the BBS LM's though so not too bothered!

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #17 on: 22 February 2011, 21:47 »
Looks spot on that :) i like these in black  :lipsrsealed:

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline andyj775

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 22 February 2011, 22:21 »
cheers for the comment, yeah enjoying the car much more now that it looks a bit more how i want it! happy days

Offline pauld_88

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 22 February 2011, 23:08 »
looks fairly decent considering its a mk3
www.m25dubs.com
Golf Mk3 GTI 8v - sold
Audi a4 1.8t QUATTRO (B6)