Author Topic: greetings from germany  (Read 3809 times)

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
greetings from germany
« on: 29 January 2021, 18:40 »
Hello everyone,

my name is BJ from Bielefeld in Germany

i decided to order a Pure white GTI DSG at the end of September 2020 because i wanted something practical like my current seat loan 1.5 with 130ps but more sporty, fun and motivating to goto on work everyday morning at 5am  :cry:

the GTI will be this most powerful car i have ever own  :laugh: when it arrive in April. i decided to pull the trigger as i want more fun on my way to and from work like i had with my Lexus IS few years ago.

I have reed a lot on the forum and i notice you British buyer seems to have better value for money on the GTI.

for example, as standard on your on GTI we get the 17" rims as so to upgrade to
18" cost 655 euros while the 19"  cost 1480 euros.
other standard on UK car that cost a lot in Germany are

IQ Matrix LED cost extra 1.125,00 euros
Keyless entry 445 euros
Electrically folding/adjustable door mirrors 180 euro
ACC 470 euro

Base GTI DSG in Germany cost €38,500.00

I decided to lease my car as there was a special offer on preconfigured car with most of the popular options. 
the deal was a no brainer leased for 24 months at 265 euros per month on a GTI that car cost 43000 euros

I could only choose the colour so i went for pure white what i could not add that i like is the 19" Alloy wheels and Reversing came.
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
Re: greetings from germany
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2021, 19:13 »
Welcome to the forum BJ, that is a really good deal on a lease and much cheaper then can be found in the UK, I hope you have fun with it. :smiley:
Of course pictures and a write up are mandatory....
I was up in that neck of your woods at Gutersloh a number of years ago, what a great part of the country
Cheers
Al
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2021, 20:19 »
@Al1040 sure i will keep the forum up to date on the proceeding.
yeah, Gutersloh is very close to me.
i miss seeing all the British Right -hander performance cars running around. 
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2021, 15:54 »
Yeah I was running around in one of the first Mk2 8v Gti's, sort of shows my age :whistle:
Still can't get over the price, you would struggle to get a normal polo for that price in the UK. Unless of course you had to put a massive deposit down :sad:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2021, 23:11 »
The normal leasing price for a GTI in Germany is between €320 - €360 euro and general monthly cost of leasing is relatively lower in Germany compared to uk due to a better residual value of used cars in Germany.
ordered on 30/09/2020 

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 01 February 2021, 08:14 »
Also worth mentioning is that standard leasing kilometers per year in Germany is 10000 kilometers per year with a bonus of extra 2500 kilometers for the entire team of leasing.
My 24 months leasing includes total of 22500 kilometers which is around 14000 miles in Uk 
ordered on 30/09/2020 

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2021, 08:49 »
Welcome BJ!

Leasing in Germany seems to be the default thing VW offer from their website?

So maybe leasing is what most people do with their cars?

Leasing is less popular in the UK and not something offered by VW directly. You can lease, but it is a harder thing to find and mainly is used by companies for company provided cars to employees (although company cars have almost been taxed to death by the government now).

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 02 February 2021, 21:51 »
You can lease from VW directly. My car was through VWFS who are VW UK's finance arm. It's just that dealers don't push it to private customers as they make more money through PCP.
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 02 February 2021, 22:17 »
Yes but the vw uk configurator isn't based around pricing cars and options as monthly lease payments... Vw Germany is.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 02 February 2021, 23:19 »
The UK website leaves a lot to be desired, I'm not sure I would trust the configurator anyway. Admittedly they may not shout about it as much as they do in Germany, but you definitely can lease directly from VW UK.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/finance-offers-and-fleet/lease-offers/lease-directly-from-volkswagen

To get the best offers on a car you want, best to pick up the phone and speak to the fleet dept at a dealer. The UK website is a bit hopeless for that. Ultimately you need to do a bit of research and some haggling to avoid paying too much, just like you would with PCP.
7.5 GTD