Author Topic: First OBD11 Scan Results  (Read 5228 times)

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
First OBD11 Scan Results
« on: 17 January 2024, 08:12 »
Scanned my 7.5 GTI PP for the first time with my new OBD11, two faults found.
1 - B147918, Remote key 1 voltage too low. Does the car give you a warning when the key battery is low if you don't have keyless entry?
2 - C111204, Haldex clutch pump faulty (intermittent). Nothing showing on the car screens and haven't noticed anything while driving. Anyone else had this issue? Car is due its first service with me next month so can inform them then. Also still within extended warranty.
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
Re: First OBD11 Scan Results
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2024, 10:08 »
1. Yes it will give you a warning in the dash central display.
2. Were you able to clear the code? if so, see does it come back after a few days. It doesn't sound serious as it hasnt thrown a CEL and is only intermittent. Was there a counter reference on how many times the fault was logged? Worth mentioning to the dealer when in for service, especially as still under warranty. Also, as yours is a 2018, has it had the haldex unit serviced. id get that done, and make sure they clean the gauze filter also. Theres plenty of threads on the subject on here.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2024, 10:20 »
Thanks for the advice. Will try to clear the code later today and see if it comes back. Would be interesting to know if it comes back through normal day-to-day driving, or if it's only when it's being floored or cornered hard. Might have to wait till the weather improves to test fully though, managed to spin nearly 180 yesterday morning going over ice on a roundabout.....  :shocked:

The diff has never been serviced according to the service history, although only on ~32k miles. I was going to wait till the next service as looking at £320 for the diff service alone. Will still be in warranty by the time that comes around. As you suggest though, might be worth doing it now.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2024, 10:23 »
Thanks for the advice. Will try to clear the code later today and see if it comes back. Would be interesting to know if it comes back through normal day-to-day driving, or if it's only when it's being floored or cornered hard. Might have to wait till the weather improves to test fully though, managed to spin nearly 180 yesterday morning going over ice on a roundabout.....  :shocked:

The diff has never been serviced according to the service history, although only on ~32k miles. I was going to wait till the next service as looking at £320 for the diff service alone. Will still be in warranty by the time that comes around. As you suggest though, might be worth doing it now.
I would definately do it now. A kind of sludge builds up on the gauze which will make the pump work harder and eventually fail, youll be looking at a new pump then which will be a lot more. I think most folk on here will tell you they service the Haldex system (oil and clean strainer) at least every 20k miles. If its never been done, your pump could be on the way out.

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2024, 10:51 »
Yeah sounds like it might be worth doing now, thanks. Just to double check, it's part of the DSG Oil and Filter service, right?

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2024, 10:52 »
I am not saying this is definitely your issue, but on my first Mk7 PP I bought back in 2015, the VW garage found the front diff was inoperable. It turned out to be the haldex pump electrics, which involved a new section of wiring loom being replaced, covered under warranty.
It then worked after that. I was never over impressed with the diff on that car, maybe that was down to the Bridgestones fitted? :)

It may be this, I would be surprised if enough sludge has built up in 30K miles to kill the pump. I am not saying that may not be the case.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2024, 11:20 »
Yeah sounds like it might be worth doing now, thanks. Just to double check, it's part of the DSG Oil and Filter service, right?
No, its not included as part of the DSG Oil and Filter service. Its separate Haldex service. Some dealers will even tell you its sealed for life and doesnt need service, hence why i said "make sure they clean the gauze and filter housing, not just change the oil"  :smiley:

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2024, 12:08 »
Hi, I wasnt aware that the GTI had the Haldex system, I thought this was only for the 4wd system.

I had an S3 previously which had the Haldex oil changed regularly.

I have a 2018 7.5 PP, so assume by the above messages that this will need doing too, looking at the history of the car, it doesnt look like it has ever been done and its on approx 36k now.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 17 January 2024, 12:26 »
Hi, I wasnt aware that the GTI had the Haldex system, I thought this was only for the 4wd system.

I had an S3 previously which had the Haldex oil changed regularly.

I have a 2018 7.5 PP, so assume by the above messages that this will need doing too, looking at the history of the car, it doesnt look like it has ever been done and its on approx 36k now.
[/quote

It certainly does, some ppl here call it the VAQ/e-diff etc. If it was my car id do it myself or at a good indy to make sure the filter housing/gauze was properly cleaned.

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 17 January 2024, 12:32 »
Nice one, thanks for raising awareness to it.