Author Topic: danny's mk2 something happend OMG  (Read 8899 times)

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
danny's mk2 something happend OMG
« on: 07 May 2010, 20:29 »
was going to dig out the corsa theread and continue that, but now the black mans wang is working golf gets to nest in the garage for a bit,  so here goes some shameless crossposting.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2011, 23:04 by danny_p »
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
Re: danny's mk2
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2010, 20:30 »
some time ago i broke my golf and it needed quite a lot of small things sorting and they spent quite a long time not getting done.   but i have finaly got around to starting on them.

so here goes.

poorly golf  finaly makes it into the garage.

the old ITB'ed ABF

general aim was to reapair the rot that i know about and find any that i don't know about before it develops.

so motor came out and a bit of battery tray replacement

allong the way the windscreen came out to reveal the enevitable rustworm thats been hideing behind the rubber, thankfully it's not that developed yet.  also around about now it was decided the shell was getting seam welded and a full colour change so the car got a littel bit more striped.

all looking ok on the rot worm department at the moment,  found more soundproofing that can leave :)  and more bitumin sheet thats going to have to leave :(  bit tedious  but an oxy torch and plastering trowel are very effective at getting rid of it.

have a dent to pull int he rear quarter pannel, and a rear arch to replace then crack on and make the spit to get it rolled over as i don't fancy working under it removeing bitumastic stuff and seam welding.  olny thing im not really sure on at the moment is exactl;y how much underseal to put back and what to use, or i may just paint the underside and make an undertray  to deal with the stones and possobly help airflow under the car as it apparently makes a noticable differance

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2010, 20:32 »
dropped the frount subframe.

dropped the rear subframe

the bare shell now sat on the worshop floor

lee pissing around rubbing some of the newnees of the fault code reader, it din't find any codes or a socket for that mattter

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2010, 20:33 »
then we decided to find out just how heavy the shell was, for makeing the spit, so we picked it up and promtly decided it wasent that heavy and we chouldn't be arsed makeing the spit so missioned on.

then went outside and stripped the rear beam down for a bit till it was reduced to pritty much nothing

then i pissed around for a bit hacking things up that you really shouldn't hack up with a gas axe.  see if any one spots it. then gave the golf a quick one wheel conversion

and rolled it for the second time that day.

found pox,  nothing that scary tho it's allready had one arch done the other was going to be due anayway infact it was bought some time ago in anticpation of been needed

then the blasting started.

car much cleaner inside and out after throwing about 1/4 ton of sand and god knows how much water at it. need to buy a dry blaster the wet one shifts stuff but you get wet and it's not optimal.

then gave the shell a quick wash down to remove most of the sand then it went back on the wheelbaroow and back inside.

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2010, 20:34 »
inside the shell after, needs more cleanign yet, going to have to fire up the compressors and dry blast it.

YAY  the nasty bit is nearly all done,  hell vw pile some underseal on golf 2's   it's now mostly on the floor.

loads left to do, and the pikey cheep welder  only cost £30 at local auction,  daft thing even tho it look hanging and knackerd it's much nicer to use than the new one.

was hopeing to finish sem welding the shell today but i had to make an exhaust for an old riley,  then i ran out of ark shiled. 

so chucked the ark sheild bottel in the van allong with the O2 as that was almost out, and exchanged the cylinders this afternoon, that way i have gas over the weekend and i'm not going to run out ether as i upgraded to bigger bottels

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2010, 20:47 »
immense - should be good for another 20 years - :afro:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2010, 21:14 »
Amazing work there  :shocked:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2010, 21:20 »
WOW danny thats some work!
:)

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2010, 21:30 »
good skills and mega patience to get to that stage Danny! :smiley:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2010, 23:26 »
About bloody time, you slack tosspot.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.