Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2828328 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5530 on: 17 October 2016, 20:21 »
And as the evening fell...

At dusk

And when it got a bit darker:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #5531 on: 18 October 2016, 09:06 »
And as the evening fell...

At dusk

And when it got a bit darker:

I actually fitted a set of LED bulbs which (whilst look spot on in colour) do reduce light output a bit. Like yours a lot and they are probably more useful than mine lol.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5532 on: 18 October 2016, 10:06 »

Do you still have to dry the car Bec or can you leave it to dry without the worry of water spots?

You can if you want to, but I simply cannot leave a car wet, lol.  Also as the resin starts to diminish you may start to get water spots if you do.
[/quote]

If you are still drying the car what use are you getting from it?
Maybe I've misunderstood its function but I thought it didn't cause any water marks.

I reckon the majority of swirls I cause are when drying the car so if I could get away with a 2 minute blast up the road and back to dry it that would be ideal. Especially if the car is treated, most of the water would have run off at the sheeting stage.

I'm definitely interested in a similar system.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5534 on: 18 October 2016, 13:42 »

Do you still have to dry the car Bec or can you leave it to dry without the worry of water spots?

If you are still drying the car what use are you getting from it?
Maybe I've misunderstood its function but I thought it didn't cause any water marks.

I reckon the majority of swirls I cause are when drying the car so if I could get away with a 2 minute blast up the road and back to dry it that would be ideal. Especially if the car is treated, most of the water would have run off at the sheeting stage.

I'm definitely interested in a similar system.

A water filter does prevent water marks, that is it's purpose.  My reasons for buying it were not to negate drying the car, but to negate the mad race against water marks drying on the car in the sun, before I could dry it off.  Made for very stressful car washing.  And watermarks can occur at other stages of car washing if the sun is out (even in winter) snow foam stage, 2 BW stage, rinsing stages etc.  A water filter takes the stress out of it, you can do it at a more leisurely pace in the knowledge that it will be water spot free.

But as said, if you want to let it dry naturally you can but be careful when your resin starts to run out, which is when water spots can occur.  Invest in a water meter guage as kalimon suggests.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2016, 13:46 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5535 on: 18 October 2016, 14:07 »
Cheers for that Bec makes sense now.
Thanks Kalimon
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #5536 on: 18 October 2016, 17:31 »
Waved goodbye to the three door one as it went off to its new home, it looked stunning and has gone to a worthy owner  :cry:

There is now a BMW sized space in the garage  :smiley:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5537 on: 18 October 2016, 18:56 »
Cheers for that Bec makes sense now.
Thanks Kalimon

Hopefully it does Stevie. :smiley:  I can honestly say that getting a water filter has changed my detailing life.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5538 on: 18 October 2016, 18:57 »
Waved goodbye to the three door one as it went off to its new home, it looked stunning and has gone to a worthy owner  :cry:

There is now a BMW sized space in the garage  :smiley:

So it's goodbye R  :sad:

hello...........
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #5539 on: 18 October 2016, 19:08 »
M2! 8)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂