Author Topic: nurburgring trip  (Read 17826 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: nurburgring trip
« Reply #40 on: 02 March 2012, 23:15 »
Thanks,  :kiss: you too.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #41 on: 02 March 2012, 23:28 »
You're uninsured.

Untrue.

A UK insurer must not exclude minimum level cover anywhere in an EU member state in a place where insurance is mandatory. Any clause in an insurance policy seeking to exclude mandatory cover is of no effect. The cover required by law is minimum level cover. Therefore, third party only. Your insurance policy will very likely contain a clause which says that if the insurer is obliged to meet a claim it otherwise would not pay then the insurer is entitled to reclaim the settlement from the driver.

Offline Nige

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 03 March 2012, 08:41 »
When you do a simple copy/paste, at least give credit to the Solicitors page you took it from.  :wink:
http://www.leeds-solicitors.com/nurburgring_insurance.html

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #43 on: 03 March 2012, 09:46 »
Your insurance policy will very likely contain a clause which says that if the insurer is obliged to meet a claim it otherwise would not pay then the insurer is entitled to reclaim the settlement from the driver.

You may as well be uninsured.  Your insurer will come after you and recover any claim from you personally.  You're trying to seek refuge in the semantics of who's going to bankrupt you if you have an accident.

At least see if your excuse-for-doing-something-stupid-in-the-name-of-charity organisers will ensure you go out last on the day, to avoid screwing it up for other people, if your POS wrecks do vomit fluids over the track.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline andybod

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #44 on: 03 March 2012, 09:58 »
You're uninsured.

Untrue.

A UK insurer must not exclude minimum level cover anywhere in an EU member state in a place where insurance is mandatory. Any clause in an insurance policy seeking to exclude mandatory cover is of no effect. The cover required by law is minimum level cover. Therefore, third party only. Your insurance policy will very likely contain a clause which says that if the insurer is obliged to meet a claim it otherwise would not pay then the insurer is entitled to reclaim the settlement from the driver.

"the insurer is entitled to reclaim the settlement from the driver"    i think this is what people are trying to say ultimately you are going to end up paying and the sums can be huge the insurance company are still going to come after you for the costs involved,i originally did the ring with the mini forum who organise the trip every year met some really nice people out there and there was also some complete idiot's "bought a bangor going to the ring brigade" some where lucky some not so ,one example one chap bought a granada limosoune the car was seen heavily smoking on the way which turned out to be gearbox oil burning off the exhaust,got stopped on the ring for leaking oil to which he argued it wasn't that bad ,next morning car was on jacks having oil seals replaced the car never made it home ,we didn't hear of any incidents on the ring but one complete prat who was held in quite high esteem on the organizing forum ,there was a list of other incidents of  stupidity . A trip to the ring is a must for any car enthusiast but be prepared ,be carefull, be insured and enjoy and have fun

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 04 March 2012, 17:56 »
Yes, what else could *possibly* go wrong when you're zooming about on a very loosely regulated 12.9mile long race track with a mix of bikes and cars on it?

Don't forget DH....old buses, coaches, campervans, transit vans, etc etc. :shocked: all travelling at different speeds. I've been around a sweeping bend just after adenaur and come up against a campervan doing 30mph when I was doing over 80mph and have overtaken a coach load of Japanese tourists taking pictures :lipsrsealed: You just cannot comprehend how mad the track is!

Any car you take should be in A1 condition, if it isn't then you are more than likely in for a bad day at the 'ring as it beats the hell out of even the best prepped cars.

I cannot stress how dangerous this track is, little or no run-offs, 100mph+ straights into blind bends with armco 5metres off the track, rumble strips that can be as greasy as my mum's fry-ups, and worst of all......me! :evil: (only kidding on the me bit  :rolleyes:)

Seriously, even I wouldn't bother with TF days again, trackdays only for me at the 'ring. They are organised and as safe as you can make this track - even then there are still write-offs. I've seen Porsches worth over £100k written off on trackdays so you still have to be 100% alert.

Oh, and my car is the one being patient on front of DH's car in the video :cool:

:smiley:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 04 March 2012, 18:07 »
Oh, and one of my laps on a trackday at the 'ring.  :cool: DH was in the passenger seat.

http://vimeo.com/11100503
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Bush5480

• Not said much yet
  • Mk4 GOLF GTI 1.8T 280BHP 325Ftlb
« Reply #47 on: 12 March 2012, 09:14 »
my grasp on english,, thats a hoot,  i take it your a old  law abiding  bore , and aint getting much of your missus, dont worry if this site is you kick in life that is fine, you jumped to another conclusion that i was young, again an asumption by a donut for your infomation no im not a young fool, i place a post to see if any normal people fancied a good long weekend drive out with a a good mix of middle aged car enthusiasts, but as usual there is one idiot who has to have his 2 pence worth instead of may be looking and thinking thats not for me, by the way my insurance covers me for a 30day europe excursion once i inform of date for commence of journey. as for track insurance, who gives a sh!t if i crash that is what i call unlucky,  thanks for the interest,  :laugh:

Not that I would have put it like above but how did you two decide he had no insurance and have no idea about a trip to the ring?  :laugh::grin:

H'mmmm - tough one.

how would you know if i have insurance or not you dont, how do you know that this hasent already been done by us before,,
you dont.

I can take an educated guess.  Virtually all UK insurance policies have specific exclusions in them.  If they don't it is likely that they would allow you to claim and then come after you to claim the money back on the basis that you were on a 'prepared course'.

From your poor grasp of English I'd say you were young, not very well educated and if you have done this before you probably didn't have any insurance cover last time, either.

you think its some different planet and were travelling there on  a space ship,
jus because you have neve left your mams garden before ,, leave the the big boy trips and driving to us men..
  you just sit and play with your saxo,  listen it sounds just like a golf ha ha

H'mmmmm, first went to the 'ring in 2002 in a MINI.  Been numerous times since, done around 100 laps, so I am still fairly inexperienced, but I have definitely left my 'mams garden'.

It's only about 4-6 hours from Calais, so it's not really a long haul trip, not even when I have my trailer on the back, towing my Golf.  Even little boys can do it, as demonstrated by their regular appearance in the barriers around the track.

Here's a video lap of my Golf on a track day, where the insurance problems (and filming ban) aren't an issue, unlike Touristfahren:

http://youtu.be/5xhcKBAQ5sg

Can't wait to see a video lap from your car. 
Live fast Die young..

Offline Bush5480

• Not said much yet
  • Mk4 GOLF GTI 1.8T 280BHP 325Ftlb
« Reply #48 on: 12 March 2012, 09:31 »
i guess you probably mean well with all your negativity.
but thats all it is nevativity. nothing else. i bet going for a pint with you would be a real barrel of laughs
dont drink to much, dont smoke, you cant stand on that table,  you getting too loud.
you cant dance like that in here, its to late ,
my god man , just let it go , my assumption is your a health and saftey advisor at work, because all the health and saftey reps where i work are nakkers aswell,

Seems foolish unless it's for a track day out there, as it's exceedingly unlikely you will have insurance to cover you for Tourist Fahren.

Unless you're just going out there to watch people going round and round in front of you?
Live fast Die young..

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #49 on: 12 March 2012, 10:15 »
by the way my insurance covers me for a 30day europe excursion once i inform of date for commence of journey. as for track insurance, who gives a sh!t if i crash that is what i call unlucky,  thanks for the interest

I'm fully aware of how European insurance works, but you need to check your policy for any mention of the 'ring.  It's extremely likely that there is an exclusion.

You're not driving on a track on Tourist Fahren - you're driving on a public road. If you crash, or cause others to crash through loss of fluids or your own stupid actions your insurer will pay out and then come after you to reclaim their costs.

If you're middle-aged this means your house, if you own one.

From your posts so far I can assess:

You are the person in the barriers at the 'ring.

You are the person in the courts afterwards.

You are the person who has caused the insurance exclusions and given Brits a very bad rep out there.

Oh and your assessment of me is pretty much entirely incorrect - you can see videos of me on the 'ring out there, as well as video of me chucking 4WDs on their side and generally taking more risks than most people out there.

Thing is I like to take measured risks, which I have assessed.  This takes thought and intelligence, which enable you to let go.

Oh and I'm pretty loud, too.

You sound like you're going out there without assessing the risk to you or the others around there.

Both Nige and I have tried to point out what an ignorant fool you're coming across as and the risks you're taking, but it seems you're comfortable with your ignorance.

Do let us know the date you're going out there, so we know which dates to avoid.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.