Author Topic: Golf R and GTI on YouTube messing around + new vid!  (Read 7886 times)

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
Re: Golf R and GTI on YouTube messing around
« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2010, 20:31 »
I've just watched that footage again and for me the GTI is the better looking of the two, even with those awful steel wheels on the GTI.

I configured an R on the VW site and for everything I would want if I was going to buy an R it would cost £38,500, now for that kind of dosh I would want the ultimate sporty car which the R is not, let's face it, it even looks just like a normal Golf.

Sorry all but that's my opinion so I'm staying in the GTI camp.  GTI all the way!!

Gizzy
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Booski

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 23 January 2010, 23:23 »
You're entitled to your opinion.....
But......IMO...
........ Unfortunately your wrong and anyone who specs the R up to £38k is not seriously contemplating buying the car!

The gti is also a nice car, good at everything- the R is just that bit better and more exclusive.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2010, 03:36 by Booski »
Golf R (on order): 5dr, rising blue, 19", sat-nav, ACC, parking sensors, Bluetooth tel prep, cruise control, Lux pack, storage pack, rear airbag/seatbelt sensors..........BW07 confirmed Can't wait!

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #22 on: 24 January 2010, 10:02 »
Yeah well, you're right I have no intention of buying an R just wanted to see what ridiculous price I could spec up....but...,

ETTO!!

Gizzy
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Booski

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2010, 10:27 »
Sorry but what does ETTO mean?
I even googled it- a Japanese worn meaning ummmmmm or ahhhh...
But I suspect it's an abbreviation for something?
« Last Edit: 24 January 2010, 10:36 by Booski »
Golf R (on order): 5dr, rising blue, 19", sat-nav, ACC, parking sensors, Bluetooth tel prep, cruise control, Lux pack, storage pack, rear airbag/seatbelt sensors..........BW07 confirmed Can't wait!

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2010, 10:43 »
Sorry but what does ETTO mean?

Each To Their Own!

Its true... people put on crazy specs to the car and get it up to £38-40k and then moan about the price!
You can get over £40k if you tick every box!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Booski

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 24 January 2010, 10:52 »
Each To Their Own - I like that and agree 100%

Offline p3eps

• I live here
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 24 January 2010, 12:01 »
The R is growing on me, but for the difference in price between a GTI and an R you could swap the GTI to a big turbo conversion and upgrade what you need in terms of a ATB LSD, suspension and brakes......and still have money left over :laugh:

I know..I know.....you wouldn't have a warranty left over  :grin:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Booski

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 24 January 2010, 12:13 »
..... And you wouldn't have the 4wd..
« Last Edit: 24 January 2010, 15:41 by Booski »

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 24 January 2010, 15:32 »
Manual, thats a dirty word in this forum :grin: It seems we are out numbered even in the August orders. 4 manual to 6 DSG. :nerd:

Get Kev along... he'll tell you all about DSG  :laugh:
I felt outnumbered by DSG owners when I had my manual ED30... so I swapped to the dark side!  Hope I like it!

Have to say I do like the burble you get on the DSG but I kinda like the idea of changing gear myself... Still if I get DSG as compensation for the delay in waiting for mine I won't put up too much of a fight- especially when I'm crawling on the M25  :grin: