Author Topic: Northern Ireland Golfs  (Read 1373 times)

Offline DUBbleChin

• Not said much yet
Northern Ireland Golfs
« on: 12 April 2023, 08:53 »
I've just come back from a 5 day break in NI..... and I was impressed with the amount of Golf's I saw!

From mk4s to mk7.5s (and a mk8) GTDs, GTIs and Rs; some standard looking but loads were modded and looking really clean :wink:
The Golfs were by far the most common performance car I saw. There were a few BMW 3 & 5 series and a few modded JDMs...including an Altezza that was doing donuts outside our b&b at 3am.

I thought the roads between Belfast>Ballintoy>Ballycastle and Derry were really good. Much better than the shyte roads around north west england. Made me wish I was driving my mk6 instead of the hired C3 jellybox.
« Last Edit: 12 April 2023, 09:01 by DUBbleChin »
Nov '11 Candy White GTI, 5dr, heated leather, Rns510, DCC, Revo stg. 1, Sachs clutch, MST cai, Jetex 3" cat back, H&R springs, 19" TSW

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
Re: Northern Ireland Golfs
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2023, 19:45 »
Boys are big into their cars over here and the coast roads are some of the best in uk. Especially when weather is good.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
Re: Northern Ireland Golfs
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2023, 14:05 »
There's lot of interest in motorsport in Norn Irn, both 2 wheels and 4. Rallying and road racing in particular. That translates into what people buy for themselves and, being canny, no surprise that many gravitate towards performance VWs and Audis. There are a fair few beemers knocking about as well. With house prices in NI being some of the lowest in the UK, folk generally spend more on their cars than in other areas.