Author Topic: New car order delays  (Read 52478 times)

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
Re: New car order delays
« Reply #50 on: 24 October 2018, 23:36 »
I think the fact that VW are still building the Golf GTI PPs rather than delaying production hopefully suggests that they're not far off from getting WLTP certification. I've seen that a few engine types for other models are not being built till the start of next year

Have you received any further notifications on delivery neepy?  I should just (hopefully) be behind you with mine.

Nope, all I know so far is what my dealer told me last week - car has been built and left the factory but is being banked in Germany till WLTP engine type approval. Track my order has it as “build in progress” though. I found that the app gets stuck so you’re best off using the VW website to track it without logging in. The other day MyVW app had it as build week confirmed, whilst on the website it said build in progress, had to delete the car and add it again on the app to get it to update.

I have a feeling I’ll be stuck on build in progress till it is actually on the move and heading towards here. My dealer reckons should be here in November but it’s anyones guess at the moment!
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #51 on: 06 November 2018, 17:51 »
Finally, today I got a text from VWUK stating I have got a confirmed build week of 49, commencing Dec 3rd. So all things considered, should be picking up January at some point, Notwithstanding WLTP issues.   :rolleyes:
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #52 on: 06 November 2018, 18:40 »
I got same txt today, same info.

If my car is not ready to collect by late Jan, I might just wait until beginning of March to collect.
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #53 on: 06 November 2018, 18:54 »
Incidentally, I only ordered the car on 1 October ....... (and at that time was given a March/April 2019 estimated delivery).

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #54 on: 06 November 2018, 20:26 »
I ordered an already built PP in last week in Oct. Was told it would be here end of Nov?
Audi 2017 S4 Saloon. VW 2018 T Roc  soon to go

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #55 on: 06 November 2018, 21:14 »
I ordered an already built PP in last week in Oct. Was told it would be here end of Nov?

Looks like it’s going to be January at the earliest! I’m hoping they’ve given us a worse case scenario and we get the cars sooner but I’m doubtful. If anything it will be longer with the way things have gone 
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #56 on: 06 November 2018, 23:31 »
I.m not taking a car in January.  If it can.t be put back till March,it will be cancelled

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #57 on: 07 November 2018, 00:08 »
The way things are, I doubt dealers are in a position to dictate to customers when cars will actually be taken.

They will need to complete every order they possibly can I reckon.

Offline Silvadadi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #58 on: 07 November 2018, 08:37 »
I think the fact that VW are still building the Golf GTI PPs rather than delaying production hopefully suggests that they're not far off from getting WLTP certification. I've seen that a few engine types for other models are not being built till the start of next year

Have you received any further notifications on delivery neepy?  I should just (hopefully) be behind you with mine.

Nope, all I know so far is what my dealer told me last week - car has been built and left the factory but is being banked in Germany till WLTP engine type approval. Track my order has it as “build in progress” though. I found that the app gets stuck so you’re best off using the VW website to track it without logging in. The other day MyVW app had it as build week confirmed, whilst on the website it said build in progress, had to delete the car and add it again on the app to get it to update.

I have a feeling I’ll be stuck on build in progress till it is actually on the move and heading towards here. My dealer reckons should be here in November but it’s anyones guess at the moment!

Waiting for delivery of Golf R and was told by my dealer that production of R started first week of November and that initially cars rolling off the production line would be stored at Berlin airport.  If you are one of the "lucky" ones whose car sits at the airport then he advised to expect delivery to be delayed as VW state they are prioritising delivery of models coming directly off the line once production is fully ramped up......
Ordered Jun 18: R 5dr, IG, DSG, Prets, DLA, climate w/s and tints.
Aug 14 - Jul 18: GTD 5dr, CSG, DSG, S&S pack, Vienna leather and Santiago's.

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #59 on: 08 November 2018, 18:32 »
Dealer rang me today, said they have no new info on when  my car will be here. I gave him a scenario of a Jan delivery, and said l won.t be taking delivery then. No problem, he said we.ll keep it till March lst for you. Problem sorted. Also said the part ex for my trade in would stay the same. I can.t complain at that